Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have observed the great Purge where Big Tech has elected to silence people on the right for alleged content violations while tolerating such content violations from the Left. Is Defensive Carry at risk of being purged? While the vast majority of us on DC are well behaved, we do have the rare outburst. I have observed the Left's Ministry of Information for the United States of America, Big Tech, and Main Stream Media have lowered the bar greatly as to what is a content violation. Trump merely stating he would not attend Biden's inauguration was sufficient to banned him for life.

By the way, I will not be attending either. I never attend these events. I don't have the financial resources, but I don't want to get banned just for saying so.

Is DC hosted on Amazon Web Services? Is our online community at risk?

·
Administrator
1,710 Posts
Is Defensive Carry at risk of being purged?
Is DC hosted on Amazon Web Services? Is our online community at risk?
Not at all. Though it is of critical importance to check out the Terms of Use and ensure that content posted is not violent in nature, unlawful, or threatening violent/armed overthrow of government (also see: unlawful). Any such content has to be removed to ensure the continuity of community here. Defensive Carry is hosted on Google's servers, which have similar uniform prohibitions against unlawful and violent content. DC is a private business, and privately-owned, and so can set guidelines and terms of use as anyone with private property has a right to do so. This means regulating the content posted to ensure it falls within standards and keeps everyone safe, and most importantly, that the site can continue to operate and provide a free venue to share our common passions.

If you do see any content that you feel crosses the line, or calls for violence, please hit that "Report" button to raise a flag on it, so we can continue to keep this place going. Much appreciated, all.

-Staff

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
I don't want to bust your bubble, but people were communicating all around the world long before the first computer was even a gleam in someone's eye.

I have a ham radio that can be linked to other ham radios around the country/world and could deliver instructions much the same way the resistance was coordinated in WWII by radio from England. It would be a fair sized undertaking to try and block all radio communications. The Nazis were pretty good, but they finally gave up.
Could it be blocked by satellites? Technology has come a long way since the 40's.

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
Or they could just I dunno, look at the FCC licenses, or is that too simple for conspiracy theory?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, they could do that too, the result would be the same...identification of the operators.

We're probably a few years away from things getting that bad, hopefully they'll never get that bad; however, 2020 has proved that "bad" can be worse than we ever imagined.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
1,618 Posts
If y'all want to discuss what is going on with Twitter, Facebook, etc, that needs to be a new thread in another section of the site, perhaps In The News or Political. It does not belong here in our site support section which makes a new ticket for every post.

If you want to discuss how it impacts our site, we already have all the rules in place that do not allow discussions that violate our own terms of service, which would include threats, encouraging violence, or sharing links to sites known to incite violence around all of this. Any member posting this type of stuff will be banned immediately. Part of keeping our site safe from all of this is taking the time to report any post that is coming anywhere near that line so that we can remove it immediately.

- Cricket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.