Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with the legalities of open carrying a long gun in public in Texas? A few weeks back I saw the video of the Army Sgt. who was harrassed and arrested by officers from a N.E. Texas dept. Is it legal or illegal?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Reactions: TX expat

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Legal or not... its stupid. I am all for expression of our rights, but if you give the gun grabbers a reason to complain, they will.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Legal or not... its stupid. I am all for expression of our rights, but if you give the gun grabbers a reason to complain, they will.
A lot of people say the same about handgun OC.

·
Banned
97 Posts
I think you should qualify "Its stupid.." with "..if done only to get in peoples' faces." People in my town who aren't very well off carry their rifles through town during deer season because they don't own, can't afford to, or aren't licensed to drive a car. They're hardly being stupid, just trying to provide a meal for the family.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Dont think it calls for a blanket statement of its stupid. There are a lot of reasons one could be carrying a long gun besides trying to shoot a video.

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Taurahe, I'm astonished to read such a liberal, anti-gun-rights statement from you...so your answer is bow down and stop doing things that are legal so that they won't have anything to complain about??? just how far does that go??? most of us Texans don't live that way, sorry about folks that do...

...the carry of a long gun is not addressed in Texas law...therefore it's legal...always has been...and whether someone in another state thinks it's stupid or not matters not a whit to us...there are plenty of REASONS to carry a long gun(loaded, of course,) in much of Texas...but the only one needed is that it's legal.to make a blanket statement like the above is...uninformed...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I think you should qualify "Its stupid.." with "..if done only to get in peoples' faces." People in my town who aren't very well off carry their rifles through town during deer season because they don't own, can't afford to, or aren't licensed to drive a car. They're hardly being stupid, just trying to provide a meal for the family.
This is fine by me. They are carrying it for a legit reason not carrying with a gun in one hand and a video camera in the other trying to bait LE into harassing them. I do not think it is a good idea for people to do that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I kinda miss the old days when I used to go to school with my shotgun in the rack of my truck, and parked in the school parking lot. Times have changed, but the law has not. I do remember that situation up around Georgetown or Leander where the nice man was out walking with his son, and harassed by local LEO.
Taurahe, I'm astonished to read such a liberal, anti-gun-rights statement from you...so your answer is bow down and stop doing things that are legal so that they won't have anything to complain about??? just how far does that go??? most of us Texans don't live that way, sorry about folks that do...

...the carry of a long gun is not addressed in Texas law...therefore it's legal...always has been...and whether someone in another state thinks it's stupid or not matters not a whit to us...there are plenty of REASONS to carry a long gun(loaded, of course,) in much of Texas...but the only one needed is that it's legal.to make a blanket statement like the above is...uninformed...

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts

And so are some comments and views regarding our rights...

"Anyone familiar with the legalities of open carrying a Crucifix in public in Texas? A few weeks back I saw the video of a retired clergyman who was harrassed and arrested by officers from a N.E. Texas dept. Is it legal or illegal?"

Legal or not... its stupid. I am all for expression of our 1st amendment rights, but if you give the atheists a reason to complain, they will.

Yup, that ^^^^ is stupid.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And so are some comments and views regarding our rights...

"Anyone familiar with the legalities of open carrying a Crucifix in public in Texas? A few weeks back I saw the video of a retired clergyman who was harrassed and arrested by officers from a N.E. Texas dept. Is it legal or illegal?"

Legal or not... its stupid. I am all for expression of our 1st amendment rights, but if you give the atheists a reason to complain, they will.

Yup, that ^^^^ is stupid.

Man that was a good one! :image035:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts