Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys looking for a durable light weight, small gun to carry in certain situations. Please let me know which you think is a good gun. :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
My all-time favorite is a Kahr PM9, small, easy to conceal 9mm.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
S&W j-frames have been doing the job for a long, long time. Simple to use, easy to carry, lightweight. Can use .38+p, a little slow on the reloads though.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
I recommend the Ruger Super Redhawk with the 10-inch barrel.

:gah:

But seriously, when you say "small and light," to what degree do you mean? Are we talking about a compact pistol to carry IWB or are we talking about a pocket carry prospect?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The Glock line are as simple and durable and reliable with no break in or babying as they come. The baby Glocks are very nice. But I suggest a Compact like a 19 or 23 to most people.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Light weight, small, durable...

When you look in the dictionary under light weight, small and durable gun, you see this picture:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
+1 to what Pogo said

Hey pogo, whose grips are those and do they work with speed loaders?

I also think a Kahr PM9 is an outstanding choice. It may be a bit more touchy out of the box but I think their quality is far better today then when they first introduced the PM9. And if you have problems they'll get it running right and then you have a real compact 9mm. I've never fired one but would expect to to be down right snappy!

Then again I have the 642 and that's a bit snappy too!

I think you probably have the best two choices right there. I'm sure some will suggest a small .380 like the Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT but if you can get by with the size of the PM9 or 642, I think you'll have a better package.

Good luck

·
Registered
809 Posts
You might get more response if you actually had the title describe something about what you want to know.

642, Glock 26 or M&P compact.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Answer

Hey pogo, whose grips are those and do they work with speed loaders?
Those are Altamont boot grips in the silver black color, made in Illinois and costing $38. They work with speed loaders. Here is the website:

Handgungrips.com website - S&W page

I like them well enough to have them on 3 different J frames:

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
So it looks like a toss up between the Super Redhawk and the J frame. LOL. Then my vote goes for the Redhawk, if you run out bullets you can use it as club.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts