Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

after a short wait, i finally got my SuperTuck, for my SW99 Compact.

I even started getting used to carrying with it at work.

I have a few questions:

1. the holster came with a pretty nasty smell - any ideas how to get rid of it?

2. how do you guys caryy with the belt? tight, holding the holster strong at the back or a little loose, hanging at the hips?

3. i usually wear a "wife beater" shirt under my formal shirt, so the leather backing seems to be redundent, and i was thinking of cutting the leather at the belt line, to make an easier draw and to lower the bulk of the holster (maybe cut a little at the lower part too) - what do you think? am i missing something as to the purpose of the extra leather?

thanks all,

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have two Super Tuck's. Once for Glock 19/26 and another for Springfield XDm9mm.

1) Smell goes away real quick. Mine did on both after just a few days of wearing.

2) The tighter the belt the better in my opinion. Keeps everything snug and where it belongs. I can get away with it looser when I am carrying the Glock 26 but with the XDm and 20 rounds in it the belt needs to be snug for the setup to be comfortable.

3) They make the holster in a "combat cut" which accomplishes what you are talking about so I wouldn't worry about cutting it down it you prefer it. You won't lose any of the integrity of the rig. I wear the "wife beater" as you do and have kept both of mine with the standard cut. No issues and I have excellent comfort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts