Defensive Carry banner

Where do you carry most of the time (select up to three)

• AIWB- High Noon

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • AIWB- 12:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • AIWB- 1 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • AIWB- 1:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • IWB- 2 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • IWB- 2:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

• IWB- 3 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • IWB- 3:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • IWB- 4 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • IWB- 4:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

• IWB- 5 to 6 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

• OWB- 2:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • OWB- 3 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • OWB- 3:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • OWB- 4 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • OWB- 4:30 (or left-handed equivalent)

• OWB- 5 to 6 o'clock (or left-handed equivalent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ankle carry- right or left-handed

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Shoulder holster- right or left-handed

• Cross draw- right or left-handed

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Open Carry- anywhere

• Other

• Pocket carry

Votes: 25 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
I'm not sure why you don't think the forum software can't be trusted. I signed up back in 2009, and to be honest, I just forgot about this site and posted on others until recently. I'm sure the software is fine.
Glad you’re so sure. Are you the person who gets all the comments about the new system?

I didn’t think so.

Well, when EVERYONE on a forum shows having posted only for the last 27 days, and most have posted here for years, either nobody picked up past posts or something is amiss.

Reactions: Tstone and Pete63

·
Registered
764 Posts
28 days ago, I think I was a giraffe. So that might have something to do with it. Or nothing.

Hey, do you know how to count to orange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,330 Posts
OldChap;

This would be a better thread if we kept it on topic of favorite gun and related rather than about a member's length of membership and posting habits or personal views on on the "new system."

Moderation's got this. It's not your circus, not your monkeys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I see you have FINALLY returned to this thread you started!
I've been back to this thread many times. I may have taken a few days after the first day I was interacting (liking and commenting as I did), but I'm not sure why it was worth noting in your comment. Do you have it out for me or something? You've already questioned why I haven't posted since prior to this year, but I'm not sure why that matters, especially to someone who considers himself new to the forum.

I will first off comment on the signing up in 2009, and then having a "somewhat dormant account" for years. I consider my self a "newer member here". BUT, I've stayed active. I know some "just lurk", and I guess that's fine. I will say, from about 18 month's ago (?), a number of "older members", whom never posted for years, have become active AGAIN. I LIKE that! To me this forum is ABOUT community & involvement/input! If you START a thread with a request, URGENT to boot, & then leave for several days, with NO replies to follow-up questions, it tends to take away from "the community", with respect to people wanting to trust, OR reply to said thread.
Personally, and I mean this in a respectful way, I think you might be acting a little unreasonably here taking my "quick" too literally. It was was meant to be levity and not a genuine urgency which I think most understood. If I am mistaken I apologize, but I think anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt more than you appear willing to give. Moreover, I WAS checking back for at least the first few hours when I originally posted this.

I'm NOT saying "there are a bunch of paranoid gun owners" here. Only that there has been the same type of sporadic posting here, IN the past, with respect to people wishing to "disrupt this forum" and then move on.
Obviously I can't speak to that, having not been around all these years until relatively recently, but responses like this might have something to do with it (or perhaps not).

I KNOW I don't speak for ALL here, BUT, I THINK , from a few others whom posted to this thread (DID you LOOK at post's AFTER your initial post), that "trust" IS a valid concern.
My guess is that few would agree with those people, and I don't particularly appreciate the insinuation. I didn't just post and leave and come back days later. I was initially responding on the first day as you can see comments of mine from four days ago (and I know I was at least back yesterday). I also hold a weird schedule, often posting in the middle of the night, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I would suggest concerns like this would be more respectful if expressed in private first if there is a genuine concern (that's my opinion anyway).

The forum "just had a major overhaul", & coupled with this, a "LARGE influx" of "new gun owner's" posting. Quite a few came, & were "somewhat quickly" booted off, for various reasons. Hard to tell, who's who, without a "base of participation". SO, if that answers your question about "trust", PERHAP'S this "ONE MEMBER'S opinion will help.
You also have to consider that, as someone who just started posting here, new people are going to spend some time testing the waters. I also post frequently on many other forums. I would say I've probably made hundreds of posts and thousands of comments in various forums over the years. But like you noted, I just started posting here. I assume those who were "booted off" were done so judiciously (e.g. for being disrespectful, advertising, etc.). I do appreciate the overhaul which was what grabbed my attention and brought me back, but respectfully, I don't appreciate my trustworthiness being called into question for the reasons you stated. I am a genuine firearms enthusiast and second amendment advocate, and I have a good deal of knowledge and experience. In my opinion I didn't cut and run as you insinuated, and to be honest as I am respectful, I don't particularly appreciate the nagging. You said you considered yourself a "newer member here", so welcome aboard, but please lighten up a bit. If I or someone else had gone unusually long without responding, you also have to consider extenuating circumstances which is another reason why these questions might be better first posed in private. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Glad you’re so sure. Are you the person who gets all the comments about the new system?

I didn’t think so.

Well, when EVERYONE on a forum shows having posted only for the last 27 days, and most have posted here for years, either nobody picked up past posts or something is amiss.
I am honestly shocked. However off putting it might be for some that I don't check the forum every day, I think most are like me and don't have time to do that. I did interact on the first day before taking a couple off. I also interacted 24 hours ago and then today. Maybe instead of encouraging the person questioning me others should validate what he said first. Moreover, the way some of you have gone about this is worse than the accusations. Lastly, by saying that the software is probably fine, I wasn't stating that to make anyone feel they're being paranoid. I merely made that point because me being away for years wasn't necessarily relevant to the software change (and in my case, certainly was not). Anyway, I hope we can all start over because I am willing to press the restart button, but life is too short to be dealing with such things. I prefer spending time talking about firearms. Personally, if I have concerns like these, I generally prefer to do them in private first by asking questions before jumping to conclusions publically.

·
Super Moderator
18,330 Posts
Thread's back.

Anyone who wants to contribute discussion and photographs on the topic at hand is free to do so.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.