Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WSJ Today in the personal Journal full page ad- I have this in front of me so No i didn't make this up ! Here is a brief snippet -

Caffeine the most benign seeming drug of choice for many of us is now the basis of two official diagnosis in the Mental Health Bible released in May. The latest version of the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and stat manual of Mental Disorders, commonly referred to as DSM-5 includes both caffeine intoxication and withdrawal . These conditions are now considered mental disorders when they impair a persons ability to function in daily life ..:rolleyes:

Say What ? A source was said to say " it is clinical meaningful diagnosis that could be useful to Psychiatrists and other health care workers seeing someone experiencing these symptoms......

So much for when you visit your Doctor, Quick Care.....Nope No Coffee.....:aargh4: Sir I will have to report this to the Affordable Health Care Office and the FBI since you are unstable for firearms . Do you currently own any ? Do you go to church? Do you belong to any Firearms related web sites ? Who do you send emails to ? Oh scratch that we already have all that information.....:mad:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps this is the article: The Coffee Withdrawal Diagnosis - WSJ.com, June 10 2013, by Sumath Reddy @ WSJ.
That's it . The problem I have is the collation with caffeine and the word association with Mental Health Disorder, because you know where this leads....Common sense does not and will not prevail . We have started down this road in some places, it starts out small and benign, then the association with Mental Health . I know what it says, but this is the kind of stuff that will haunt somebody in the future . Of course I am talking about your second amendment rights and EBC . Just my humble opinion :)

And Yes I love coffee :smile:

coffee.jpg

·
Registered
37,165 Posts
My doc suggested I should quit cut back from drinking a whole pot of coffee daily. I didn't. Does that count?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Cripes!...and I mentioned to the nurse at my doc's office today that I was feeling a little jittery after having more than my normal 1 cup of coffee this AM! Me and my big mouth!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
My doc suggested I should quit cut back from drinking a whole pot of coffee daily. I didn't. Does that count?
Yeah, you've got a disorder alright. Congenital 4th Degree Shakes / Next-Day Headache Disorder / Overburdened Whizzing Syndrome ...

Everything is a disease these days.
:yup: We're doin' a number on ourselves, ain't we? Nobody's the cause and the problem. It's always something else. Personal responsibility doesn't quite have the same meaning it once did. Heck, I'm old enough to recall PR discussions while I was growing up. We still have them here. But I don't know of many people under the age of ~30yrs who even think of such things, generally, much less teach their own so they're instilled with a deep sense of it.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Here are the operative words--- "when they impair a persons ability to function in daily life."

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
God guns and guts. Ill keep all three just like alcohol tobacco and firearms. Ill keep those to.I like to shoot my guns and enjoy a brew and a good cigar in the evening. Im not quitting anything. Although Id like to quit work sometime.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
But who defines "impair"?
And who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors ...?

That's the big slippery-slope problem, here. The administrators and legislators who are separated from reality will define such things. And they'll continue to rely upon various "studies" they have conspired to have show what they need to be shown in order to exercise the fundamental control they wish to have. And so it goes. Until we say "no." (I'd like to think we've said "Uncle" long enough, along those lines. :tired:)

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.