Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a phenomena I have been noticing for perhaps the last year or so, and never before. Sometimes, I get the orange quote notification informing me that I have quoted someone else. Other times, I don't. In either event, I know when I quoted somebody, so I don't need to be notified. Is there any way to change my settings so this doesn't happen?

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Mike, you'll know the answer(s) when you get your...6th Star! :hand5:

Reactions: drift and msgt/ret

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I wouldn't mind losing that notification altogether. Especially for as long as it's been taking to get from page to page.

·
Premium Member
36,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are using a home computer you can put a strip of black Gorilla tape over the "Notifications" bar area and below it and you will never notice the orange.......
Just a thought.......
If Defensive Carry ever needs another tech guy at the central console, you should apply.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
This is a phenomena I have been noticing for perhaps the last year or so, and never before. Sometimes, I get the orange quote notification informing me that I have quoted someone else. Other times, I don't. In either event, I know when I quoted somebody, so I don't need to be notified. Is there any way to change my settings so this doesn't happen?
I've never had it happen here that way, but over at the other place I get notifications when I like something. It is annoying for sure.

By the way, did someone forget to pay the light bill over there?

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I've been noticing this for some time as well and it drives me nuts because I'm nuts and have to check every time I see orange up there. I thought it was just some weird little quirk that would go away on its own. As far as site slowness, yep, seeing that too the last couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
36,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never had it happen here that way, but over at the other place I get notifications when I like something. It is annoying for sure.

By the way, did someone forget to pay the light bill over there?
I haven't looked in since my utilities got shut off.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Premium Member
36,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: SAXDM9

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Mike you should have taken the blue pill.

·
Registered
41,465 Posts
Reactions: Mike1956

·
Premium Member
36,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
If you are using a home computer you can put a strip of black Gorilla tape over the "Notifications" bar area and below it and you will never notice the orange.......
Just a thought.......
Or white out....had a secretary use that on her monitor once.....she was a blond......

·
Registered
41,465 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts