Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this article was interesting.
Toxic wild boars reportedly stalk Fukushima residents | Fox News

It reminds me of those programs where they project what will happen if we humans disappear. With a twist.

I'll have to Google more, or someone else can, to find out about how they are hunting them down. The article says they have killed 800 boars so far. I imagine with the people all gone their numbers really took over, but why isn't the radiation killing them?

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Sounds like a plot from a bad horror movie from the 50s or 60s!:gah:

Reactions: OD* and PAcanis

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Radiation at those levels is only immediately deadly to a small fraction of the population. It will most likely show up later as higher instances of cancer about 5-10 years down the road. There will also be some genetic mutations, most of which will die fairly young.

Both my daughters were exposed to the radiation cloud from Chernobyl when they were young. One of them was 2 and the other was 7. The youngest contracted a rare thyroid cancer about 12 years after exposure and the oldest got the same cancer when she was 35. My ex and I were both exposed to the same levels and haven't shown any effects.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
I imagine Fukushima is pretty much like a video game now - Half-Life 2 or something.

Radiated mutated monsters abound and only through the use of stealth, critical thinking, and superior firepower can these beasts be overcome.

In real life the hunters probably don't start off with a crow bar and have to find weapon upgrades as they go along...but you never know - the Japanese have some crazy game shows and this seems like a real ratings "monster" hehehe

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Eating radiated meat could be detrimental to your health...of course there's a .0001% chance it gives you super powers.

Totally worth the risk!
Probably why you see so many ex-ray techs becoming superheroes. Think about it. How many old ex-ray techs do you see?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was something found roaming around "West World".

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
38,932 Posts
Radiation at those levels is only immediately deadly to a small fraction of the population. It will most likely show up later as higher instances of cancer about 5-10 years down the road. There will also be some genetic mutations, most of which will die fairly young.

Both my daughters were exposed to the radiation cloud from Chernobyl when they were young. One of them was 2 and the other was 7. The youngest contracted a rare thyroid cancer about 12 years after exposure and the oldest got the same cancer when she was 35. My ex and I were both exposed to the same levels and haven't shown any effects.
Here you go:

Fukushima: the Extinction-Level Event that no one is Talking About. |

"Japan has also seen a skyrocketing of childhood Cancer rates, particularly, thyroid Cancer.[As of August, 2013, TEPCO admitted that between “20 trillion to 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium may have leaked into the sea since the disaster.” Since it’s been shown over and again, that TEPCO repeatedly lied and covered up the true extent of the disaster, that number is most likely far greater."

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Here you go:

Fukushima: the Extinction-Level Event that no one is Talking About. |

"Japan has also seen a skyrocketing of childhood Cancer rates, particularly, thyroid Cancer.[As of August, 2013, TEPCO admitted that between “20 trillion to 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium may have leaked into the sea since the disaster.” Since it’s been shown over and again, that TEPCO repeatedly lied and covered up the true extent of the disaster, that number is most likely far greater."
If my math is right, 30 trillion becquerel would mean about 85 milligrams of tritium.

But, perhaps more worryingly, it is also equivalent to over 250 megatons of bananas.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I thought this article was interesting.
Toxic wild boars reportedly stalk Fukushima residents | Fox News

It reminds me of those programs where they project what will happen if we humans disappear. With a twist.

I'll have to Google more, or someone else can, to find out about how they are hunting them down. The article says they have killed 800 boars so far. I imagine with the people all gone their numbers really took over, but why isn't the radiation killing them?
You would think there would be a few sows around.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I feel like this is how orcs happen.

Reactions: UrsusMedius

·
Administrator
144,732 Posts
Sadly, the Japanese people are getting more radiation exposure than they believe they are getting.
There is a massive cover-up going on.
Some are being forced to move back to their former homes which are not safe.

Highly irradiated rice with radiation levels far too high to be edible is being mixed with regular rice to bring the total radiation to a barely acceptable levels.

Hospitals are refusing to treat patients who believe that their illness is radiation related.

And more. Things are not good for the Japanese people.

The govt. has no way to get a handle on that disaster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read an article a couple of years ago about almost the same problem in the evacuated areas around Chernobyl. I don't remember reading anything about them attacking anyone but the thing I remember most is the authorities were having a hard time convincing the locals not to enter the radiated areas and NOT to eat the game, to include the wild pigs. Evidently it has become a hunters' paradise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts