Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
The 31% on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't fill me with confidence, though.

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 31% on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't fill me with confidence, though.
And here's a quote from one Critic:

"[It] is less an escapist action movie and more a dramatized manifestation of the most notorious sentences from Donald Trump's presidential campaign announcement speech. "

Obviously that reviewer needs testosterone supplements!

Besides, it has an 84% Audience review, Baby!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I’ll never know. Stallone is a raging Antigun wing-nut who wants to eliminate the 2A. Which is strange because he has depended on guns for 30 years to make up for bad acting skills. The SOB will never see $1 from me. If you must go, buy a ticket to another movie that starts about the same time. Don’t let this Hollywood celebretard use your own money against us.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rambo-hates-guns-how-sylvester-stallone-became-the-most-anti-gun-celeb-in-hollywood

“And it wasn’t just lax gun laws he was angry about; he wanted to blow a hole through the Second Amendment: “It has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ‘It’s ending, it’s over, all bets are off, it’s not 200 years ago, we don’t need [the Second Amendment] anymore, and the rest of the world doesn’t have it,’” Stallone told Access Hollywood in 1998. “Why should we?””

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I put Rambo to rest after #1. A man who fights like he di in the flick makes me feel inferior. And, I am bald to boot. I am just a Bruce Willis Die Hard guy.

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll never know. Stallone is a raging Antigun wing-nut who wants to eliminate the 2A. Which is strange because he has depended on guns for 30 years to make up for bad acting skills. The SOB will never see $1 from me. If you must go, buy a ticket to another movie that starts about the same time. Don’t let this Hollywood celebretard use your own money against us.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rambo-hates-guns-how-sylvester-stallone-became-the-most-anti-gun-celeb-in-hollywood

“And it wasn’t just lax gun laws he was angry about; he wanted to blow a hole through the Second Amendment: “It has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ‘It’s ending, it’s over, all bets are off, it’s not 200 years ago, we don’t need [the Second Amendment] anymore, and the rest of the world doesn’t have it,’” Stallone told Access Hollywood in 1998. “Why should we?””
Whew! Talk about a dash of cold water!

If I refused to see any movie based on the talent's personal views, heck, I'd have to.....read a book.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Politics aside I'll judge that book by its cover.

Stallone hasn't made a good movie since Cop Land (his small role in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 doesn't count much). Most everything else he is making are overly simplistic action movies with little to no substance.

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Stallone hasn't made a good movie since Cop Land (his small role in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 doesn't count much). Most everything else he is making are overly simplistic action movies with little to no substance.
Uh...yeah. That's kind of the point. I'm looking for Good Guys doing Bad Things to Bad People. With fire, explosions, yelling, sweat, and blood.

·
Registered
33,996 Posts
Whew! Talk about a dash of cold water!

If I refused to see any movie based on the talent's personal views, heck, I'd have to.....read a book.
Based on that, you wouldn't buy one of Carl Hiaason's novels...

Reactions: M1911A1

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I wont see it just cause of him ...I dont care about ones views on guns who to vote for etc and if it not too screaming from the roof tops I dont care ..But as somone who made his money and life off of gun moveis to say the stuff he said ..Yeah not I am good( well that and the last 4 movies I have seen of his have sucked a lot ) ... Same with Liame Nieson

I get most people are not pro gun or as much pro gun as we are ..I dont care but to so activily not only say no gun bans but to support more gun laws yeah no thanks

·
Banned
705 Posts

He makes movies for a living, those movies make him a lot of money.

I haven't been to a movie theater since I took the grand kids to see Shrek The Third. If I'm still interested when this makes it to the used DVD store I'll watch it.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
He makes movies for a living, those movies make him a lot of money.

I haven't been to a movie theater since I took the grand kids to see Shrek The Third. If I'm still interested when this makes it to the used DVD store I'll watch it.
What’s a DVD?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'll get the DVD. Told the wife after the last Rambo movie exactly what the next one should be...and then it looks like they did it.
I'll get it just to piss off the snowflakes!:danceban:
As for the politics of Sly, he's Hollywood I don't pay attention to their rantings.

·
Banned
705 Posts
What’s a DVD?
There is a used media store called Entertainmart in Colorado Springs. About 15 years ago they decided to quit carrying VHS and they started selling them off. They started selling them at 3 for 10 bucks, the the time they were done it was 10 for 3 bucks.

Long story short I have hundreds of VHS movies but VHS is getting hard to find so I'm branching out into DVDs

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Well, I don't put much stock in the opinions of folks who make a living by telling others what to think. I can decide for myself. That being said, perhaps it is time to see what the fuss is all about. I've yet to see any of the Rambo series.

·
Banned
705 Posts
Well, I don't put much stock in the opinions of folks who make a living by telling others what to think. I can decide for myself. That being said, perhaps it is time to see what the fuss is all about. I've yet to see any of the Rambo series.
The original book First Blood actually wasn't too bad. The entire series kind of went downhill from there.

I checked out at whichever movie Rambo was sitting in the Gunner's seat of a T80 tank driving it , loading it and firing it all by himself

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You only need to watch the first Rambo movie for "backstory."

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thanks, it is now officially on the list.

Reactions: airslot
1 - 20 of 44 Posts