Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ramshot TAC or Alliant Power Pro 2000 MR?

Which one do you think would be better for both .223 REM and .308 Win?

In .223 REM I will be using bullets ranging from 55 to 69gr in an AR with a 16” 1:9 twist.

In .308 Win I will be using bullets ranging from 150 to 168gr in two different rifles. Both are semi auto with 22” barrels One has a 1:11 twist but the other is 1:12. If possible, I would like to settle on a common load for both of these, but not sure if I will be able to.

I am looking at these two powders specifically because they both seem to do a good job of covering both calibers and they are both spherical powders. I have had some issues with extruded, even small kernel extruded, powders in my powder measure and would prefer to keep with the spherical powders.

Thanks,

·
Registered
460 Posts
XBR 8208 Would be cleaner and more accurate in 223. I prefer it over both the other options. It is a short cylinder shape but it meters almost as well as TAC for progressive press production. I like Varget in 308 but I am not using a measure for these rounds.
SW

·
Registered
161 Posts
How would we know? Guns aren't all the same and you'll get at least 10 other recommendations for powder and the odds of one powder being best for two different cartridges is small.
Some judge powder by how they meter. Some by how much soot they leave behind. Some by how they smell. A few even judge based on accuracy.
If both are available, buy a pound of each and see for yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts