Reactions: OD* and CWOUSCG

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Proud of my son. Even more proud of one of his new employees, Staff Sergent Justin (US Army/Retired). Justin is 35 years old, was in the Army for 12 years. From what I understand, he's a former Green Beret. He was wounded in Afghanistan by an IED and suffered TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). He has a plate in his skull, and is missing a fist sized portion of his brain. He was in the hospital for 36 months, where he had to relearn a great many functions most of us take for granted. He's on full disability and has a wife and one child. My son put him to work. No pressure, he can work as much as he wants. You wouldn't know from talking to him that he suffered such a grave injury. He's happy with his new job. God Bless our troops, their families, and the sacrifice our soldiers pay to serve for our great country.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
MAN RULES
I found this on another site , and thought it appropriate for D.C.

AT LAST A GUY HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO WRITE THIS ALL DOWN
FINALLY, the guys' side of the story. ( I MUST ADMIT, IT'S PRETTY GOOD.)

WE ALWAYS HEAR 'THE RULES' FROM THE FEMALE SIDE
NOW HERE ARE THE RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE

THESE ARE OUR RULES!

PLEASE NOTE. THESE ARE ALL NUMBERED #1 ON PURPOSE!

1. MEN ARE NOT MIND READERS.

1. LEARN TO WORK THE TOILET SEAT. YOU'RE A BIG GIRL. IF IT'S UP, PUT IT DOWN. WE NEED IT UP, YOU NEED IT DOWN. YOU DON'T HEAR US COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU LEAVING IT DOWN.

1. CRYING IS BLACKMAIL.

1. ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. LET US BE CLEAR ON THIS ONE:

SUBTLE HINTS DO NOT WORK!
STRONG HINTS DO NOT WORK!
OBVIOUS HINTS DO NOT WORK!
JUST SAY IT!

1. YES AND NO ARE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWERS TO ALMOST EVERY QUESTION.

1.. COME TO US WITH A PROBLEM ONLY IF YOU WANT HELP SOLVING IT. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. SYMPATHY IS WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS ARE FOR.

1. ANYTHING WE SAID 6 MONTHS AGO IS INADMISSIBLE IN AN ARGUMENT. IN FACT, ALL COMMENTS BECOME NULL AND VOID AFTER 7 DAYS.

1. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE FAT, YOU PROBABLY ARE. DON'T ASK US.

1. IF SOMETHING WE SAID CAN BE INTERPRETED TWO WAYS AND ONE OF THE WAYS MAKES YOU SAD OR ANGRY, WE MEANT THE OTHER ONE.

1. YOU CAN EITHER ASK US TO DO SOMETHING OR TELL US HOW YOU WANT IT DONE. NOT BOTH.
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW BEST HOW TO DO IT, JUST DO IT YOURSELF.

1. WHENEVER POSSIBLE, PLEASE SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY DURING COMMERCIALS.

1. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS DID NOT NEED DIRECTIONS AND NEITHER DO WE...

1. ALL MEN SEE IN ONLY 16 COLORS, LIKE WINDOWS DEFAULT SETTINGS..
PEACH, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A FRUIT, NOT A COLOR. PUMPKIN IS ALSO A FRUIT. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MAUVE IS.

1. IF WE ASK WHAT IS WRONG AND YOU SAY 'NOTHING,' WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG. WE KNOW YOU ARE LYING, BUT IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

1. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION YOU DON'T WANT AN ANSWER TO, EXPECT AN ANSWER YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR..

1. WHEN WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING YOU WEAR IS FINE...REALLY.

1.. DON'T ASK US WHAT WE'RE THINKING ABOUT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DISCUSS SUCH TOPICS AS GUNS,FOOTBALL OR MOTOR SPORTS

1. YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES.

1 .. YOU HAVE TOO MANY SHOES.

1. I AM IN SHAPE. ROUND IS A SHAPE!

1.. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. YES, I KNOW, I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT.. BUT DID YOU KNOW MEN REALLY DON'T MIND THAT? IT'S LIKE CAMPING...

·
Registered
429 Posts
America does not suffer from a "gun problem".

America suffers from an 'idiot problem'!

There are no ACCIDENTS! There are only acts of NEGLIGENCE! The word 'accident' should be removed from the dictionary because it is a fake word used to deny responsibility for or by someone who commits an act of stupidity!

If a car crash (not accident) occurs due to brake failure, for example, it is still the responsibility of the owner, a saboteur, or the manufacturer. Somewhere along the line it is ultimately the fault of a human, and not merely an 'accident'.

·
Super Moderator
16,122 Posts
2.5 - 3 foot Eastern Racer was waiting for me on the concrete floor of my workshop today... almost stepped on him. He does it again and he ain't long for this world. Scared the bejesus outta me.
Those I will just chase out, copperheads on the other hand are a different matter.

·
Super Moderator
16,122 Posts
Went to Wings Over Wayne today and got a nice surprise, the C-5 that was on display was 31285 (full tail number 831285). Normally tail numbers are assigned by year of acceptance and sequence number. This one was assigned a different number since it was the first C-5B built, started 1983 and accepted 12/85. First thing I asked was how many hours on the airplane and he replied 25000+ then I told him I had flown it at Altus starting in 1987 when it had less than 1000 hours and still had that new airplane smell. The airplane has been upgraded to a C-5M now.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Went to Wings Over Wayne today and got a nice surprise, the C-5 that was on display was 31285 (full tail number 831285). Normally tail numbers are assigned by year of acceptance and sequence number. This one was assigned a different number since it was the first C-5B built, started 1983 and accepted 12/85. First thing I asked was how many hours on the airplane and he replied 25000+ then I told him I had flown it at Altus starting in 1987 when it had less than 1000 hours and still had that new airplane smell. The airplane has been upgraded to a C-5M now.
That hadda be neat!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Genuine love is a choice, followed by a commitment...after that, anything else is just part of the story.
I'm sorry Snub, but I must disagree with love being a matter of choice. Feeling love involves our heart (emotions). And the heart wants what the heart wants, leaving us with little choice in the matter.

Commitment is cool if the other person even knows you exist, and shares that same feeling of love for you. Otherwise, unrequited love leads to massive heartache. :sniff:

·
Registered
Various
15,511 Posts
A Brit, a Frenchman and a Russian are in a museum viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden.

"Look at their reserve, their calm," muses the Brit. "They must be British."

"Nonsense," the Frenchman disagrees. "They're naked and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French."

"No clothes, no shelter," the Russian points out, "they have only an apple to eat and they're being told this is paradise. Clearly, they are Russian."

601 - 620 of 1750 Posts