Defensive Carry banner

1341 - 1360 of 1750 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Millennials, according to lots of reports, are way behind the power curve, when it comes to savings for retirement. As we all know, they are notorious for wanting safe spaces, and having mommy and daddy take care of them. So, just imagine the drain on society they will be, when they retire, with mommy and daddy no longer around.

Think theres a lot of people on food stamps and section 8 now? Just wait 30-40 years.

Other thoughts:

French Bulldogs are so lazy they make coma patients look productive.

If hunting was legal here in town, there wouldn't be a coon, possum, squirrel, or dove within a mile or two of my house, and I'd have a full freezer.... too bad I can't hunt in town.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Speaking of oatmeal, my wife gave me some Irish oats in a box filled with Guinness fudge, Irish whiskey fudge, and Irish whiskey-soaked and roasted coffee beans. Normally, every day I eat either Coach's Oats or Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, each with 1/8 c. of real maple syrup cooked in. Good for fighting cholesterol in conjunction with my statin pill.

Reactions: Tstone

·
Registered
511 Posts
Speaking of oatmeal, my wife gave me some Irish oats in a box filled with Guinness fudge, Irish whiskey fudge, and Irish whiskey-soaked and roasted coffee beans. Normally, every day I eat either Coach's Oats or Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, each with 1/8 c. of real maple syrup cooked in. Good for fighting cholesterol in conjunction with my statin pill.
I'd be interested in your recipe. Hp me stay off those statins. The last one, had me in a brain fog, and I'm waiting to find out if I have permanent liver damage from it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
You might like the version of Crown Maple Syrup which has been aged in Bourbon-ageing barrels.
I find it to be superb, when added to oatmeal and other hot cereals...not to mention pancakes and waffles.

Click on: https://crownmaple.store/crown-maple-bourbon-barrel-aged-organic-maple-syrup-375ml-12-7-fl-oz/

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'd be interested in your recipe. Hp me stay off those statins. The last one, had me in a brain fog, and I'm waiting to find out if I have permanent liver damage from it.
With Coach's Oats, I put 1 cup water into a 1 qt glass mixing bowl. I add the 1/8 cup of the maple syrup we get from Costco into it. Then it's 1/3 cup of oats and stir. Stick it into the microwave for four minutes at 70% power. Let set 1 minute, stir, and eat.

With Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats, I usually use the Instant Pot. The whole process takes 30 mins, but it turns out so good. The microwave directions are on the back of the package. I adjust the recipe to 1c. water, 1/8c. marple syrple, pinch salt, and 1/2 c. of oats.

They're both good, just good differently. Rolled oats suck. It's like wallpaper paste. Yecch. I have to say that cutting out chips and Haagen-Dazs ice cream helps a bunch. I added more chicken and fish to my diet, too.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
I'll go with "B."

Reactions: M1911A1 and flh

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
One day the parts of the body got into an argument over who was the boss.

The brains said it was the boss because it was in control of where the body went.
The eyes said they were the boss because without them the body couldn't see where to go.
The legs said they were the boss because they made the body go. And then the anus chimed in and said it was the boss.

The brain laughed. They eyes laughed too. And the legs guffawed. But the anus was insulted so it closed up tight. Several days went by and...

The brain became foggy and couldn't think straight.
The eyes became blurry and couldn't see.
The legs became weak and wobbly.... and all three gave up and said the anus was boss. Mollified the anus opened and within hours the body returned to normal.

So now you know who's the boss.

1341 - 1360 of 1750 Posts