Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range and in the path through the snow were two wheel tracks, left by what I presume was somebody's range bag on wheels. My wife has a travel briefcase like that. I haven't seen any bags geared toward the range that are in this sort of format but are there? And if so, any of them good?

Currently I use a large duffle style bag with lots of compartments to take usually 2-3 pistols, 6-8 boxes of ammo, ear protection, targets, stapler, etc. to the range and the thing is HEAVY. So looking for another option.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I was going to suggest one of those beach carts with the large wheels, but a rolling tool box sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I've been using for 3 yrs. now a Stanley 'Mobile Center'.

It is _perfect_ for said use.
During long stages at IDPA or what ever it can support my weight upon being sat on.
I stow my range/training ammo and all of my gear inside of it. I made one mandatory mod by attaching a medium sized steel hasp to the front so that the top portion storage unit can be securely locked with a padlock.

When at home it sits in the back of a closet or in the corner of my home office.
At a moments notice with no prep time required I can gran it and literally roll out to where ever. Everything including my ears, targets, spare parts & tools as well as lube are contained within.

Can be found at Home Depot and WalMart for less than $25.
I'd scored mine on clearance from Wal Mart for $10. I should have bought two more when I had the chance.
Even it'sparts are end user replaceable as they may wear out though I have yet to have this problem; http://www.stanleytoolparts.com/st3mowoce.html

- Janq

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My friend has a metal cart to haul his stuff,but since the Indoor gun range closed we have to enter thru the back and walk up to the front to get in ,we have permission from owner,long trip for 2 handicapped guys,so I bought a wagon to throw my bag and our long guns in

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Couple of other suggestions are an Al deer/game cart or golf bag caddy - if you have to trek thru snow or grass, smaller wheels and wheels right next to the cart might be a hinderence. Here's a [LINK REMOVED] to make your own.

·
Registered
211 Posts
couple of other suggestions are an al deer/game cart or golf bag caddy - if you have to trek thru snow or grass, smaller wheels and wheels right next to the cart might be a hinderence. Here's an [LINK REMOVED]to make your own.
do not click on the link above - bogus spamware download highjacking the site

·
Registered
99 Posts
My goal is to have enough guns so I need one of these!

·
Registered
894 Posts
If your have any skill at all with hand tools, I would make my own. I found this link to a whole bunch of home made carts:

carts1

there is 5 pages of carts, knockyourselvesout :yup::image035::wave:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Understood, the link took me there at first but it seemed like that site got hijacked as it jumped me to another. Not your fault, it was some hacker trying to pull a fast one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't overlook a Zuca..... My kids use them but they are also used for hockey / skate gear. The real bonus is that you can use one as a seat so you don't have to drag a folding chair along with you...

ZCA Sport : Product Overview
I thought about those but haven't seen one in person. Don't the bags or whatever just sit on top of each other and not shelf like? Didn't know how pulling them out all the time to gain access would work.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Don't overlook a Zuca..... My kids use them but they are also used for hockey / skate gear. The real bonus is that you can use one as a seat so you don't have to drag a folding chair along with you...

ZCA Sport : Product Overview
While those seem nice, and the included seat is a definite plus, I just don't see me being able to get everything I lugged around to a hockey game in there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts