Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something inexpensive. Nothing fancy.

I will be using it for general range use, but I would really like something that works well with IDPA matches. That means; lots of magazine loops and storage for all the essentials.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I know you said "inexpensive", but I totally recommend iShot's range bags; I own one of their Pro Shooter bags. I've used and abused (by waaaay overstuffing it) it and it's holding up superbly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I shoot with alot of guys and about half of them including myself have the 5.11 bag lots of great featues. http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tarabag.html ...this is the best pic i could find of it.....all the side are lined and padded....I like it alot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use the 5.11 range bag Glockguy mentioned. Love it. 8 mag loops in one side pocket. Best $90 I've spent. Well ... that might be overstating things, but it's a great bag!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I found a great "cheap" tool bag at Lowes that works perfect. Has two large compartment with zippers and asst outer pockets. Being a "tool bag" it is very strongly made with extra strength handles and materials.

At least half the cost of a "real" range bag and is much better built than most "real" ones I have seen.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'll second the iShot Pro Shooter bag. I've stuffed as many as 300 12GA shotgun shells in mine. I think I got mine for about $40 from Gunner's Alley a couple years ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
iShot Pro Shooter bag
+1....I have two of them and they really get a workout.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i hope i don't sound too weird...

i use a old laptop case-

its got lots of little pockets for extra drives (put mags in), and the compartment for the laptop contains a pistol in a case, and a really big mouse pad (to set the pistol down on - or clean on), and the non-'puter compartment contains the cleaning materials. i carry ammo in a plastic bag, which gets tossed, along with the boxes at the range or any convenient trash can.

this way, i'm not advertising that i have a pistol, or anything related, and i don't feel too weird walking around with the bag when i don't want to leave it in the car.

don't know if its IDPA compliant tho...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
clean out a corner of your closet. You're going to need it.
We've all got a whole bunch. Finding the right bag is a neverending search.

AFS

·
Registered
16 Posts
I started using an Uncle Mike's deluxe range bag.

It got to be too much to tote around from pit to pit. I carried way too much stuff in it. I still use the range bag, but now it stays in the car. I have a smaller bag that I got from Tactical Tailor that I bring down to the pits that carry just my ammo and mags.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a cannon camera bad that I am thinking of using for right now. My iPhone takes very good pictures and I don't use the camera or the gear all that offen. It has several pockets for all sorts of stuff.

I think I might get a larger ishot bag when I get more guns.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Well I use a bag and a box. I carry an ishot bag and an MTM tactical range box. I shoot a lot of rimfire matches and I tend to get asked to do some gunsmithing now and again. I keep the things I might need in the box, extras, odds and ends, and assorted stuff. The stuff I need to have ready I keep in the bag. When I teach a CCW class I carry all the range stuff the same way, and add a clipboard with the required paperwork in it.

When I worked in a gunshop as a gunsmith, I kept my personal tools in the ishot bag and I was always hauling junk around. I dug like 6 Glock tools out of it one day, it was way worse than my wife's purse! One shop where I worked was always a mess, and a bunch of employees smoked there so I was always washing that bag and it's still going strong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts