Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a practice day to get out and shoot some things we had not shot in awhile due to the ammo shortages. I took my Sig P365, the Kimber K6S snub, the SIG MPX, and the Tavor TS12. It was a nice morning with temperatures in the low 50s and almost no wind.

First up was the MPX which shot just great, as always. It is simply a joy to shoot. Both the Mrs. and I shot each weapon.

Sky Cloud Shooting range Air gun Cap

Mrs. Raven loading up the MPX.

Hair Hairstyle Facial expression Jheri curl Vision care

My target with the MPX at 9 yards. It is such an easy weapon to shoot.

I shot the P365 since I don't shoot it as often as my more usual carry pistols. I am always amazed at how well such a small pistol shoots. I shot from my Vedder pocket holster and produced acceptable times, although my reloads were slower than I would have liked. I also shot the Kimber, which I shoot okay, but definitely need more range time on.

Last up was the Tavor TS12. I had my wife shoot it with some bird shot first prior to having her shoot with some Flite Contol 00 buck. She handled it well, although I know she is a bit intimidated by the devastation the weapon can produce.

Sunglasses Goggles Vision care Outdoor recreation Eyewear

My wife hasn't run this shotgun very much, but she handles it just fine.

Sleeve Art Wall Vest Painting

My target with the Tavor.

It was nice to get out for a pleasant morning before things turn much colder in the next two weeks.

·
Premium Member
11,220 Posts
Looks like a fun day.
You are blessed to have such a great range to shoot at.
Now to replenish the ammo supply!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Fun times. Had an MPX but sold it off. For the weight/form factor a decent AR can mostly fill the same role. But the MPX sure is fun to shoot.

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fun times. Had an MPX but sold it off. For the weight/form factor a decent AR can mostly fill the same role. But the MPX sure is fun to shoot.
I see the MPX in a different role. More for home defense or truck gun than an AR without the noise that you would get from an AR pistol. It took me awhile to arrive at the choice of the MPX, after considering AR pistol, Tavor in 5.56, etc.

Reactions: ctr

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Very nice to have that opportunity to practice !! Looks like a LOT of fun......
So you shoot women and your wife shoots men ???? 🤣

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice to have that opportunity to practice !! Looks like a LOT of fun......
So you shoot women and your wife shoots men ???? 🤣
That’s just how it worked out today. We shot white people. I am sure they were racists!

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
I see the MPX in a different role. More for home defense or truck gun than an AR without the noise that you would get from an AR pistol. It took me awhile to arrive at the choice of the MPX, after considering AR pistol, Tavor in 5.56, etc.
I get it. (y) Came to a different conclusion myself. Glock 17. Same capacity, more maneuverable. Downside is loss of shoulder mount.

·
Premium Member
6,634 Posts
How is that Tavor ts-12 working for you?
It works well. No complaints.
I'll be interested to see any follow-up comments you might have, @G26Raven . I sprung for a TS-12 a few months ago, as a just-in-case SHTF gun. Should be pretty effective against a mostly violent mob. Great capacity, of course, as well as being able to reload "on the fly".

I really like mine, although there is a bit of a learning curve for the manual of arms! I've only had it out a couple of times, and have run maybe 75 rounds through it. Mostly bird shot, but a half box or so each of 00 and 4/0 Buck. No hiccups at all so far.

We'll have to trade notes.

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be interested to see any follow-up comments you might have, @G26Raven . I sprung for a TS-12 a few months ago, as a just-in-case SHTF gun. Should be pretty effective against a mostly violent mob. Great capacity, of course, as well as being able to reload "on the fly".

I really like mine, although there is a bit of a learning curve for the manual of arms! I've only had it out a couple of times, and have run maybe 75 rounds through it. Mostly bird shot, but a half box or so each of 00 and 4/0 Buck. No hiccups at all so far.

We'll have to trade notes.
I have run about 300 rounds through mine. No issues to date. I did add a wrap of foam neoprene around the stock to cushion my cheek weld which helps considerably for me.

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Oh, oh, wow if I was in a gun fight I would want you guys on my side great shooting.

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, oh, wow if I was in a gun fight I would want you guys on my side great shooting.
Kind of you to say that. I wish I felt we were that good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts