Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have 650 rounds through mine now pretty much without any problems. I've been shooting Blazer Brass for range practice. I had 3 FTF a little while back but I think it might have been that particular box because I had no problems before or after that box went downrange. The trigger does take some getting used to. It took me while but I finally found a very nice leather belt holster on-line @ Winthrop Holsters, out of Ohio. Well made, fair price and a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Lots of bang for the buck with this particular pistol. I have over 1200 trouble free rounds through mine.

The trigger is a little different, but its really pretty good for rapid fire - very short reset.

Lakeline LLC makes some aftermarket upgrades -I personally use the stainless guide rod assembly. The factory set up never gave me an issue but I prefer stainless and consider it an upgrade. They also have night sites if that kind of thing interests you.

Sig 226 18 round mags work perfectly in the 9mm G2 - lock back on last round and everything. Shapeways makes a 3d printed grip sleeve specifically for this set up - outstanding fit.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
A POSITIVE Taurus autoloader review? That's great news. Here's wishin' you...

Happily Ever After! :bier:
(*I'm workin' on a New Year's Resolution, no Taurus PRE-bashing!)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
A POSITIVE Taurus autoloader review?
My mother-in-law and her husband both have PT111 G2s, and love them. I'm leary, but they said it goes bang every single time. And even TheYankeeMarshal has noted that it's generally a good pistol - but you have to shoot it a bunch to make sure you didn't get one of the bad ones. It made #1 on his list of best handguns under $200.

Reactions: Notacluelou88

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That's like ranking the "cutest, fat, buck-toothed, knock-kneed girl" at the State Fair! :biggrin2:
Oh, I agree. But it was a valid response to a viewer asking him for a cheap, decent handgun for a relatively broke college student.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
That's like ranking the "cutest, fat, buck-toothed, knock-kneed girl" at the State Fair! :biggrin2:
This is just too funny! :vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
That was a challenging question he had, but he pulled it off. Still, I'd go with the Hi Point because if it breaks you won't have to wait 10 weeks and not get answers from CS. Hi Point will actually go through and replace damn near everything "just because", send it back to you and say happy shooting! And if they can't, you get a brand new one.

Anyway, the G2 evidently came to exist under the leadership of the last CEO. That one actually knew what he was doing, but sadly he's gone. So yeah, out of all the Taurus offerings, that one is the one I would go with. I hope you have many good years with it.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Revolver guy picked up a PT111 G2 over the weekend. First range trip today. Fired 50 rounds of Winchester white box. No malfunctions of any sort, shot to point of aim. Long trigger pull, not much recoil. Still prefer my snubbie right now but 13 rounds on tap has an appeal. :smile:
First, let me appologize for GhostTracker. :hand5: Welcome to the forum OP. The G2 seems to be a hit for Taurus. I've owned 2 of them, and they both have been 100% reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Good to have you on the DC Forum. Sounds like you had a positive experience with your pistol. It seems like many persons have a positive opinion on the G2 and it is usually priced right. Good luck on it continuing to be trouble free. If this is your first semi-auto, remember to keep it cleaned and lubricated properly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts