Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slipped out to the range at lunchtime. Had the Bodyguard in tow. Ran a few magazines thru and all went well.

The real reason for the visit is the new Gen 5 Glock 34. Loaded 15 rounds per magazine with the loader. Capacity is 17 per. My days of loading without the loader are gone. Federal 147 Grain HST and Winchester 147 Grain hollow points. 100 rounds total without issue.

Sights need adjustment which I did this afternoon with the MGW sight tool. Will see if too much travel or just enough adjustment on the next trip.

Pleased with the pistol. Wanted a service size pistol, comfortable to shoot. This fits the bill. Some days my hands just won't put up with the M10 though I like it.

Probably won't put night sights on this one. Targets are 7 and 10 yards. A fine pistol.

Next up will be to get a duty belt and holster put together for this. Trouble is coming our way. Best get prepared.

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
Well, those are to hell and gone. Certainly got your money’s worth out of them! Fun stuff!

Reactions: ctr and scottync

·
Premium Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correction, meant the new pistol is a G17 Gen 5. Who can keep up with Glock model numbers these days? I sure can't. :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Not a huge fan of 147 in 9mm. But HST's that shoot as tight as that is never a bad thing. Certainly no worse than a .38 and look at the group!

·
Premium Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a huge fan of 147 in 9mm. But HST's that shoot as tight as that is never a bad thing. Certainly no worse than a .38 and look at the group!
Heavy bullets. I prefer them. Some pistols don't do as well with 147 grain loads. This one does just fine with them.

·
Premium Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, those are to hell and gone. Certainly got your money’s worth out of them! Fun stuff!
It is a good day when even the flyer would be fatal. Fun times G-man!

Reactions: G-man*

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
That's some good shootin', sir, congratulations.

Reactions: ctr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts