Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, only one box's worth......

After running errands in the big city, I treated myself.

I found myself thinking about Mike1956 and his practicing head shots at 25 yds.

I only tried 5 rounds at 20 yards....but the target is about 3/4 life size.

Forehead Chin White Mouth Black
Forehead Chin White Mouth Black

·
Premium Member
9,214 Posts
That one in the eye would take him out pretty efficiently, and the one in the nose would hit some pretty important brain parts also. And I don't think anyone can imagine the pain of being shot in the cheekbone - if anyone would still be alive to report how bad it was!

In other words - good shooting!

·
Registered
52,855 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A trip to the range, five rounds expended, five hits. Nice way to make the range time and ammo expenditure worthwhile!
I actually shot a couple other 5 Rd groups in the COM at 7, 15.

Then, went to Dairy Queen.😁

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
All the Deer hunting clubs meet at DQ in the Country.

Reactions: Sister and ctr

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the Dairy Queen in your town open year round? That's when you know you you got some big city living.
Actually, Billings has 3 DQs....all open year round.... even in Montana winters. 😉

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Nice shooting, well done.

What firearm?

·
Registered
52,855 Posts
I actually shot a couple other 5 Rd groups in the COM at 7, 15.

Then, went to Dairy Queen.😁
The DQ I used to go to in the '50s is still open in Charlotte, NC, and barely changed. The area around it, though, has changed--and not for the better!

• Sad
Reactions: Chaplain Scott

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice shooting, well done.

What firearm?
Thank you. I could have done better. I've noticed that I have a tendency to not quite bring my center sight up to full alignment with the rear sights.

My Sig P320 compact, in .357 SIG. Bare bones, iron sights, no upgrades, completely stock.

·
Premium Member
43,089 Posts
An advantage to a smaller-than-actual-size target is that it encourages aim-small, miss-small. I was going to start another thread on this one, but continuing on this one seems appropriate. I have fired a grand total of two rounds in the last three days, both from forty-one yards. Friday's shot was from my Performance Center .45 Shield, on the lower right. It was the one I carried that day, so the one I took the shot with. Today's was with my Glock 17.

Most of my training (yes, training, incorporating new stuff over old, lesser methods) lately has involved dry fire. These first-shot-of-the-day hits at a longer distance are direct results of cleaning things up to speed things up. This is a 2/3 TDI silhouette located on my range here on the property. I shot today's round in the rain:

Hand Plant Wood Gesture Font

1 - 20 of 35 Posts