Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was excited to get it to the range this morning. Slightly raining but what the heck. Shot at the 25 foot line an was rewarded with dead on accuracy, if I took my time I could cover three rounds with a quarter at rapid fire it was awesome. I ran a fast mag than fast reload then shot all 14 rds as fast as I could. image.jpg . image.jpg holes on left where rapid fire. Right I took my time, bottom right where double action. Really happy with this gun all steel easy recoil double taps are so easy. There is a sweet palm swell in just the right spot rubber grips feel great. Overall I am selling G17 this is taking over nightstand duty an as soon as holster gets here it will be in rotation.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Congrats! The p-01 is a sweet handgun, I love mine. Very nice shooting there.

P.S. the p-01 is not a steel frame, it's a light weight aluminum alloy if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
When shooting at the hostage style targets, my P-01 is the only gun I ever had where I was able to not "kill the hostage" with rapid fire.

(I always seem to nail poor Jane Doe with double taps on those things with other guns, like Keanu Reeves in the movie Speed "shoot the hostage").

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Thanks for the range review. The CZ line of pistols definitely give several sold choices. Glad you like yours and do so well with it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a Semi Compact and am very impressed with CZ.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I've been hooked on CZ since I got my P-01 years ago. Since then I added the P-06, P-07, 2 RAMI, a 75 Compact and a CZ82.

Reactions: miller_man

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
What? no full size yet archer? :nono: J/k. How do you like the p-07/p-06? That was the first CZ I was going to buy, till I saw the p-01. Picked up one at the last gun show, forgot how good that slim grip felt in the hand. CZ does a polymer grip very nicely. I'll have to add one to my CZ family someday, but I'll have to get a Full size 75 first.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Could you post A picture showing that CZ beside the Glock? The advertised width of the CZ includes the safety or decocker and is not a good basis for comparison.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Currently have P-01 and SP-01 Shadow and an EAA SAR K2 45 (clone). Previously had a few Witnesses,,,,,,, I guess this is why I've never "warmed up" to the polymer guns,,,,, when you have the best, why bother with other stuff?

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
What? no full size yet archer? :nono: J/k. How do you like the p-07/p-06? That was the first CZ I was going to buy, till I saw the p-01. Picked up one at the last gun show, forgot how good that slim grip felt in the hand. CZ does a polymer grip very nicely. I'll have to add one to my CZ family someday, but I'll have to get a Full size 75 first.
Full size is on the want to get list. I liked the P-06, it was easy to shoot, really the exact same gun as the P-01 except .40 cal and comes standard with night sights. Unfortunately wrist injury no longer allows me to shoot the .40, so sold it.

I love the P-07, and I'm not a big poly frame fan. But it just feels right. It comes with the Omega trigger which is really an improvement over the stock CZ trigger IMO. Forgot to mention, also part of my CZ line up is a Dan Wesson CBOB.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Congrats.........I own several CZs and they are little gems ,they make even me look like I know how to shoot

1 - 17 of 17 Posts