Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took advantage of the great weather today (70s, sunny) to head out to the outdoor range and do some shooting. Took my newish G27gen4, M&P40 Pro and Kel Tec PF9. Shot the PF9 just for 25 rounds to maintain confidence, not a fun gun to shoot much, the M&P40 50 rounds at 7 and 15 yards to maintain proficiency since that's my HD gun. The G27 was my main focus since I only have a few hundred rounds through it. I had planned to shoot 100 rounds of WWB but that went up to 150 after I found .40 at a local sporting goods store on the way and got 3 boxes.

This was my first time shooting 165gr ammo out of a G27, to other users: do you find that this is noticeably snappier feeling as I did compared to 180gr? The 180gr even in the short and light G27 really isn't bad on recoil. the 165gr really had quite a pop to it though. Another question, I recently was able to acquire two 13 round G23 magazines, I want to get some sort of grip spacer for them, what is the recommended choice?

All in all a good day, had no malfunctions except 1 FTE on the PF9 but that isn't unusual and I'm not concerned with 1 out of 25.

·
Registered
13,004 Posts
Nice! I keep hearing about the PF9 being miserable to shoot..... Mine was a hoot to shoot with +P's??

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I keep hearing about the PF9 being miserable to shoot..... Mine was a hoot to shoot with +P's??
It isn't bad too shoot on a small scale, but after about 50 rounds it gets to you. I was shooting the Winchester NATO spec rounds that are like semi +P loads, I was chatting with the man next to me who had his P11 and he was saying that he could feel a lot of blast from it compared to the other guns around. When my PF9 was new I shot 150 rounds in a session, I had blisters on my index finger and palm and my wrist was sore for like 3 days. My PF9 is modded in several ways including a Hogue grip and a 20lb recoil spring instead of the 16lb standard.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I have used the A&G spacers and have seen the XGrip. There are probably others that work just as well. I have also used 22 & 23 magazines without the spacers and things worked fine. The subcompact Glocks are great little pistols.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts