Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today and tried a couple pistols I've been looking at. First I shot the Kahr p40, and in my hands it feels great, I love the size and weight, but after shooting about 40 rounds my hand was very sore. My groupings with the Kahr were not good, it feels like its too much bang in such a small package. Next I put about 50 rounds through the xdsc, and the groupings were a lot better. The xdsc's grip feels too short though, and with more practice I'm sure I would get more used to it. The next pistol I want to try is the Kimber ultra carry in the .40 cal. It's for sure a jump in price, but I think it has features that are the best of both the Kahr and the xdsc, like the size of the Kahr and the safety of the xdsc.
There are so many options to look at, I'm glad my range has just about every pistol they sell for rent. I'm open to any other suggestions for a subcompact, any help would be appreciated. I'm just not sure which one is best for me, or which one I should try next.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should check out the Pearce grip extension for the XDsc..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Although I am not a huge Glock fan myself, you have to of course try them out. I would also look into a SIG P239 in .40 if that is your chosen caliber (it is for me)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts