Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got out with my Springfield Amory Champion lightweight. Commander sized 4" barrel, 2 tone Park'ed Slide, dark OD Green frame. I fired around 20 rnds thru it and let my girlfriend fire another 14. I noticed the Hi vis,. Novak Tritiums easy to aquire even rapid fire. The recoil was not bad at all, and the pistol functioned flawlessly with FMJ. I shot at a small water bottle at about 15 yrdds. Accuracy was right on with a 6 o'clock hold. Once deer season is over and we are not shooting in the rain I will really wring out this pistol to break it in for CCW. I noticed a few spots either the park' did not cover or were worn right out of the box. Also the slide to frame fit at the rear near the hammer was slightly off. The slide slightly "hangs over " the frame on 1 side. Overall though, the pistol is tight and well built. No machine marks or other blems visible.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Im glad your Champ is working out for ya.

I noticed a few spots either the park' did not cover or were worn right out of the box.
I had the same thing with my G.I. It was just a small area along the slide, so I just used some cold blue to cover it up.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Always pleasing to get good results - and sometimes a relief too! :smile:

Now go shoot some more snot out of it :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, may get out tommorrow too. depends on the weather and how much time I have. Deer season kinda gets in the way , as I shoot on state land usually.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Glad to see you made a good time of it.. Now...shoot the heck out of it and enjoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts