Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing my part to exercise my 2A rights and to ensure that I did not miss out on buying another pistol before all the panic buying, and pricing, begin, I casually went out to purchase a Sig P938 today (see separate post). Not being able to wait until next week, I decided to head for the range this afternoon before I wet my pants.

I want to carry this pistol in a Sticky holster, but it won't work well with the extended magazine. It will work with the short 6 round magazine, no problem.

I loaded up initially with Blazer Brass, 124 grain round nose and fired off about 100 rounds. The pistol feels great when you rack it, especially compared to my Kahr PM9 which still feels "stiff," after close to 900 rounds through it. The fit and finish of this pistol are great. Very happy with the Sig Night Sights. Not one failure to feed, failure to eject, or any other issues. Of course, you have to be even more careful to have a commanding grip on the pistol than you do with say my G19, but if you do your part, everything goes where you want it.

I love the crisp trigger and the very short trigger reset. Compared to the PM9, this is a much easier pistol to shoot. I do think the Hogue grips definitely help with a pistol this size.

Next I thought I would try a box of Fiochi 115 grain round nose. I had purchased a case of this for a class I took last June and it would not fire reliably through my G19 or my G17. Every 3rd or 4th round I would have a failure to feed or failure to eject. However, when I ran 50 rounds of this through the Sig, I did not have one failure to feed or eject. I realize this is not a complete test, but I was pretty shocked when this happened and I will have to try more.

Finally, I tried 24 rounds of Federal Hydrashock, just because that is some of what I have on hand and wanted to use it up, and there were no issues with this either.

The pistol requires a bit more attention to reassemble than a Glock to do it properly, but it is not difficult to do it right. I am very pleased and look forward to carrying this as soon as I get a couple more magazines.

IMG_1026.jpg

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Glad you are happy with the 938. Mine has eaten everything that I have fed it without any failures of any sort. As a pocket carry, take a look at Remora holsters.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Glad your P938 is working out for you. My 938 SAS shoots fine, but for some reason I can't hit where I think I'm aiming it. I've not had this problem with my P238 or any of my 1911s. I'm beginning to think my sights are hosed. Next step is to use a laser bore sight to see how my POA aligns with my notional POI.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
What does BRG stand for?
If I recall, and I probably don't, I think mine is called a Nightmare. Or is it Extreme? Beats me, lol.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Thanks for the report. These are nice and accurate 9s, and they are a breeze to carry (I'm carry OWB). Reassembly is made easier if you run a cleaning rod through the recoil spring and then push it out as you compress it onto the guide rod. It takes out the "wiggle" in the flat spring.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think my 938 Equinox with ext mag is my favorite (out of my current lineup of 6 semis). Really like my Kimber UltraCarry withCT, but this little guy is so effortless, so compact, and so accurate for a little guy, it's hard not to like.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does BRG stand for?
If I recall, and I probably don't, I think mine is called a Nightmare. Or is it Extreme? Beats me, lol.
Since it comes with Black Rubber (Hogue) Grips, I am thinking that's what it means? But Sig isn't telling...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Glad you seem happy with your new gun. My wife and I shot her new P938 Rosewood for the first time just this last week and we loved it. I have a P938 SAS waiting for me at the LGS to pick up when my schedule allows. The cool thing about new guns is buying new holsters!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
What does BRG stand for?
If your P938 has forward slide serrations, it's an Extreme, if not, then?????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts