Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post some pics of a few buddies and myself at the range. (Everyone loves range pics!)

At the Range - a set on Flickr

The guy in the white sweater is my buddy Mike who is in the Army. Eliott is in the gray north face jacket and I'm in the vest. I broke my foot a few weeks ago so I tried my best to get good positioning with a air cast/boot on.

We also shot skeet and I was the designated thrower since my foot/back was hurting pretty bad. All in all it was a great afternoon at the range.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I know it must have been a good time, in fact, I've never had a bad day at the range...I can't imagine anyone having a bad day at the range (providing no one gets shot).

Nice pics...:hand10:

·
Registered
342 Posts
That looked like a great time!

·
Registered
830 Posts
nice pics always great to see others enjoying themselves at the range! I'm going through withdrawls on my part its been 2 weeks..hopefully tomorrow will cure that. plus i have something new to break in!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everybody! we had a blast!

nice pics always great to see others enjoying themselves at the range! I'm going through withdrawls on my part its been 2 weeks..hopefully tomorrow will cure that. plus i have something new to break in!
Chevyguy85 what's the new toy???

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
even a bad day at the range was your best day. great pictures, looks like you had some fun.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I know it must have been a good time, in fact, I've never had a bad day at the range...I can't imagine anyone having a bad day at the range (providing no one gets shot).

Heat stroke would be a bad day at the range... I came close once when I just got my XD9sc. I just had to shoot it! Went a little overboard.

After I got outta the sun, hydrated and cooled off... I remembered it was fun at first!

Great pics! Looks like you and buddies had a great time!

Thanks for posting those!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Chrise- Nice work! Looks like fun. Remember- Safety glasses save eyes. :blink:

Tell me about the camera and what it took to make those pics.

Jay
I would guess a digital SLR and a lens with a wide aperture. Something like the Nikon D40 with a 50mm lens set at f 1.8

want to learn about photography? Read everything on this site:

KenRockwell.com

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell me about the camera and what it took to make those pics.

Jay
I have a Nikon D80 and this was with my Nikon 50mm f1.8D lens. Pretty much my everyday walk around setup, the 50mm 1.8D is great for low light or minimal light photography, plus the lens takes very sharp photos.

As far as the pictures it's just like the gun, lots of practice and a lot of Flickr.com and internet lurking on different sites to learn more. Once you get the camera settings down then it's all composition and lighting and that's my primary focus right now with my pictures.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chrise- Nice work! Looks like fun. Remember- Safety glasses save eyes. :blink:

I would guess a digital SLR and a lens with a wide aperture. Something like the Nikon D40 with a 50mm lens set at f 1.8

want to learn about photography? Read everything on this site:

KenRockwell.com
Pretty darn close on the camera :) It's a D80 and a few months ago I bought a barely used D70 from a friend just to have as a backup (plus I got it for a steal of a price).

+1 on the Ken Rockwell site he has very straightforward reviews.

Also checkout the flickr.com groups pages. There's a ton of groups for different camera ect. and alot of good discussions in there with good info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
real nice work. i am jealous, my nikon is an old d40. i put up all of my shooting pics over on getoffthex.com in the course review section.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
real nice work. i am jealous, my nikon is an old d40. i put up all of my shooting pics over on getoffthex.com in the course review section.
thanks the d40 is a great compact dslr i have a buddy who has one and it packs a punch in a small body. post a link to your pics i love looking at range time pics.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Cool pics man, thanks for sharing. Looks like a good day at the range.

·
Registered
288 Posts
In most of those pictures the DOF is a little wide to be a 1.8 :wink:

Blah, nikon lovers.

What 1911 is that?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Pretty darn close on the camera :) It's a D80 .
Yea, makes sense. I realized the D40 doesn't have the in-camera focus motor to run the F1.8 AF-D.

I have a D50 with more than 50,000 shots in the past few years. I love this digital stuff. It really works.

·
Registered
806 Posts

:tired: Have you ever served in the military?

Once upon a time, we were doing a shoot at Stone Bay, NC (USMC) and it was 28 degrees at 4pm. That was the warmest it got. We were there for 13 hours. When we returned to the barracks (they tried to march us back, but the SSGT quickly turned it into a double time...), our Camelbaks were frozen solid, and the drinking straws were frozen in the "over-the-shoulder" position.

It was thanks to our Corpsmen who finally got hold of their Master Chief after 2 Marines fell out due to hypothermia. The Master Chief gave our CO a very serious (and public) "talking to".:aargh4:

That. Sucked. Very. Badly.:dead:

I would have appreciated getting shot for the warmth of the wound...

Anyhoo, carry on!
:smoke23:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts