Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks, I put my Kimber through some rapid fire tests the day after Christmas.

I used a mix of WWB, Fed AmEag, Golden Sabers and Winny Rangers. Some magazines were loaded mixing all of these loads.

I drained 8 mags as quickly as I cound pull the trigger and reload. 6 more were drained firing hammers as quickly as I could at clay pigeons 20 yards away.

I repeated this several times so the gun was nice and dirty. :image035:

Zero failures of any kind. :banana: Not that I expected any, but it's nice to know your gun excels under circumstances you're not likely to see when your life is on the line.

I gotta say, that was funner than single shot or split drills. :banana:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Apart from the rather prodigious expensiture of ammo - it is a good test and does invoke some grinning i have found! :smile:

Back a while - when I was having a prob with my SIG - I did after finding out the trouble torture test somewhat - using 15 round and 20 round mags I blasted, mostly at steel plates - got thru maybe 250 rounds in two sessions!!!

Mostly cheap ammo and finished with SD stuff - gun got good'n'dirty and my grin finished up ear to ear! Does do a measure of good for confidence eh!

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
KBHeiner7

Ahhhh...The Battle Ready function test.:image035:
That is good & useful test of your pistol & fun also.
Especially useful with mags of assorted random mixed ammo.
It's a good feeling to know that your carry pistol will perform above and beyond the call of normal duty.
Get it HOT and DIRTY.:yup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice to know your Kimber can cut the mustard. Sure is fun to blast away and you can justify the session as a necessary torture test. I think the confidence in the gun after such a session is absolutely necessary for anyone who carries.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AirForceShooter said:
I wanted movies!!!
With Sound!!!

AFS
:image035: Thought about it, but it was rainy. A good once over with FP-10 does a great job on my guns, but I don't think it would save my camcorder or digital camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts