Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I love my Izula! I can't wait for this one!

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it's tip-up carry only, as most frame locks seem to be, then I will not buy one. Looks interesting, though.
Whether that's a problem depends on which pocket you clip your knife onto.

From the pics up on their website, it seems to me that you could carry it in your right pocket. Although it'll be "tip up", the blade is against the side seam of the pocket, so no danger of it opening accidentally.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Arghhhhh this looks awesome.... sounds like the fixed izula is gonna get a new brother sometime in 2010 :smile:

·
Registered
398 Posts
kinda reminds me of the boker trance with the g10 on one side metal on the other nice blade shape. I will own one, or two or more lol

·
Registered
747 Posts
Whether that's a problem depends on which pocket you clip your knife onto.

From the pics up on their website, it seems to me that you could carry it in your right pocket. Although it'll be "tip up", the blade is against the side seam of the pocket, so no danger of it opening accidentally.
I'm an IE guy so I really don't like tip-up carry. It basically forces me to always start an opening action with the knife upside down in my grip.

Two beefs so far and here is my second. D2 is great stuff, but the 1095 they use on their fixed blades is more than adequate for a short-blade folder. Why make us pay more?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I agree; drop the D2 for a folder and it will depend on how it locks and how well it opens. It looks good but I would also like the option of reversing the clip. We'll see....
Gideon

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's tip-up carry only, as most frame locks seem to be, then I will not buy one. Looks interesting, though.
I'm with you on tip-up only, but if I were to buy one of these (it'll depend on whether or not they make a left hand model), it wouldn't be a defensive folder. I, like you, carry several knives. One of them is always something fairly small for non-scary everyday knife chore use. I don't mind tip-up on a utility blade.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm with you on tip-up only, but if I were to buy one of these (it'll depend on whether or not they make a left hand model), it wouldn't be a defensive folder. I, like you, carry several knives. One of them is always something fairly small for non-scary everyday knife chore use. I don't mind tip-up on a utility blade.
I agree with you for the most part but you never know when your utility blade ends up not being for utility. As strongly as I dislike folders for defensive use, I won't compromise on carry because the last thing I need when things go pear shaped is to be fumbling around with my back-up like a putz.

I spent around $35 shipped for my Spyderco Tenacious so if they can put out a four-point carry folder with decent blade steel for so little, everyone else can too...unless they can't be bothered to do so.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been lusting after these RAT Cutlery knives for some time, now. The IZULA folder looks to be right up my alley. I can't wait until they're finally available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts