1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Looks good - just like a RCS rig should.

One of these days I'm going to get around to ordering their pancake wing attachments for OWB. It's supposed to help the holster ride even closer than it already does.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good - just like a RCS rig should.

One of these days I'm going to get around to ordering their pancake wing attachments for OWB. It's supposed to help the holster ride even closer than it already does.

I was thinking about order their pancake attachments also, will update this post when i do.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I am impressed that a t-shirt is able to cover the G23 up as well as it does. Looks like a well built holster. I recently picked up a Blackdog Concealement Holster for my Glock 30 that looks very similar to the Raven.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am impressed that a t-shirt is able to cover the G23 up as well as it does. Looks like a well built holster. I recently picked up a Blackdog Concealement Holster for my Glock 30 that looks very similar to the Raven.

Hows the retention on the Blackdog holsters?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I use Raven holsters exclusively for my Glocks. Phantom, Phantom with light, and Vanguard 2. I always carry IWB with the soft loops though. Very concealable and also pretty comfortable. I love that they have the quick ship options now, it used to be painful to wait a few months for a holster to ship but still worth it! Great holsters and great customer service if you do happen to have any problems.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
I can't tell if he's wearing it from the photo,but I have found that the Pancake Attachment is fantastic for pulling the holster in tight against the body.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't tell if he's wearing it from the photo,but I have found that the Pancake Attachment is fantastic for pulling the holster in tight against the body.

No im wearing the holster stock as it comes, im going to order the pancake attachments later today though.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Hows the retention on the Blackdog holsters?
The retention is not bad and it comes with instructions on how to adjust it if one wishes to do so. A hard shake upside down will drop a fully loaded Glock 30 but that is a pretty heavy pistol, so that did not surprise me. Got a friend with a M&P 40c and his pistol will not drop out. However, for my tastes his holster has too much retention but that's how he likes it. For $50 I'm really happy with it.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
No im wearing the holster stock as it comes, im going to order the pancake attachments later today though.
The pancake gives (I think) 6 tightness options plus a bunch of cant options.
Play with them before you put on the Green Loctite.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pancake gives (I think) 6 tightness options plus a bunch of cant options.
Play with them before you put on the Green Loctite.

Ok thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The retention is not bad and it comes with instructions on how to adjust it if one wishes to do so. A hard shake upside down will drop a fully loaded Glock 30 but that is a pretty heavy pistol, so that did not surprise me. Got a friend with a M&P 40c and his pistol will not drop out. However, for my tastes his holster has too much retention but that's how he likes it. For $50 I'm really happy with it.

I took my Raven Holster & shook it pretty hard with my Glock 23 in it & it woudln't fall out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks good....I also bought the loops that pull the gun in tighter...works great!

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Are you wearing jorts??

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Im wearing shorts yes lol, carpenter type shorts i think they are.
Just checkin'. You're in Maine, so I didn't have you pegged as a 'Gator fan. They come up here to Ga every once in a while...

By the way, the rig seems to conceal nicely. Looks like you're good to go...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just checkin'. You're in Maine, so I didn't have you pegged as a 'Gator fan. They come up here to Ga every once in a while...

By the way, the rig seems to conceal nicely. Looks like you're good to go...

Haha No prob, yea it conceals very well wife & I were both surprised. We picked up her S&W Shield 9mm today & i order her a Raven Concealment "Phantom Modular" for her shield about 30min ago actually lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats on the new holster. I just got a phantom for my g19 yesterday, and I really like it; it's comfortable, the retention is perfect for me, and it's very easy to draw from. The only drawback is that it prints too much on me for cc, but that's ok, since I mainly wanted an owb holster for carry at home, the range, and I want to take a few classes. I also plan to get the loops for iwb.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on the new holster. I just got a phantom for my g19 yesterday, and I really like it; it's comfortable, the retention is perfect for me, and it's very easy to draw from. The only drawback is that it prints too much on me for cc, but that's ok, since I mainly wanted an owb holster for carry at home, the range, and I want to take a few classes. I also plan to get the loops for iwb.

I just got another Raven Holster in the mail the other day for my Glock 26, love it. My wife also has one for her S&W Shield.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts