Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching outdoor channel, I think American Guardian or Rifleman.

Has anyone discussed this? Works on pump and semi-auto shotgun.

YouTube - XRAIL by RCI-26rnd Benelli M2 Tactical with Integrated version
YouTube - Xrail by RCI 23 Round Burn
YouTube - XRAIL by RCI how to load your XRAIL System
YouTube - XRAIL by RCI Stage 3 FNH Midwast 3-gun Championships

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/rcis-xrail/

"RCI’s new eye-catching product is called the XRAIL (Roth Auto Index Loader). What does it do? Catch this: It ups your shotgun’s round capacity to 23 without significantly increasing your weapon’s overall weight. The XRAIL fits on multiple shotgun platforms."

RCI Products Page

I want one.

I'm thinking this gives me a reason to purchase a a semi-auto shotgun. On the web the price ranges have been $500 to $700 (not including shotgun). I don't know if for sale to the public yet.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I saw that too...very interesting...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have only one thing to add to this discussion: *drool* I want one!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Certainly drool inducing, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Looks like it only works on autoloaders, wonder what its gonna cost.
Nope it works with pump action too.

This item was featured recently on the show American Handgunner as used in an entry level civilian combat shotgun course and it was very well demonstrated to function with any action shotgun (pump, semi, or even lever action) as long as the gun itself was OEM designed to support a tube magazine and able to accept an extension of as much.

The unit does not interface nor affect normal use of the shotguns action.
It is strictly a magazine capacity extender.

- Janq

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I can see it now I only used one magazine,5 rounds did all that?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
This would hold X2 as many rounds as a Saiga.
They make 20 round drums for the Saiga.

"It ups your shotgun’s round capacity to 23 without significantly increasing your weapon’s overall weight."
This strikes me as hyperbole. Even if the XRAIL weighed nothing, 23 shotshells would represent a pretty significant increase in weight.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think they do themselves a disservice with that price. Reduce it, and they will never keep up with the orders. I would want one just for my keychain, I like it so much.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
If you need that many rounds, why are you using a shotgun at all?

-B

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Increased capacity. That is all that needs to be said.
At the cost of maneuverability and weight. If you need that much greater capacity, why not grab a rifle?

-B

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't understand the opposition to this. Seems like a smart way to fill a niche application. Many of the same arguments about weight could be made about high capacity pistols as well. My 8 round P225 is a lot lighter than a big double stack 45.

Certainly a 20 round Saiga-12 drum magazine isn't any more practical than this thing. They're huge!

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
A shotgun is a CQB weapon. I'll keep mine as slick as possible and not ruin the balance and swing of the gun.

If you like it, have fun. I don't see any real world practical application for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts