Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all I need to renew my carry license in november. On the back of license is adress and phone number I actually wrote to them in February about how do I go about a renew and the cost. I never got a reply. I am good threw November but want to take care of it. My question to Florida folks what does it take to re New and the cost. I would assume you send in copy of license and driver license ?Any help please.

·
Registered
36,361 Posts
Easiest and least costly way is to walk in to a regional Dept. of AG&CS office and get-er done. No appt needed. Some county DL & tax collection offices can do the same but may require an appointment and have a add-on fee for renewing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
150 days before your license is due for renewal, the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services will send you a renewal packet.

You can find more information on their webpage - Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

How do I renew my license?

The division will send your renewal application form with complete instructions on how to renew your license approximately 150 days prior to the expiration date of your license.

Although online renewal is not yet available, if your license has not expired or is not under administrative review, rather than including a check or money order when you return your renewal application by mail, you may pay by credit card using the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' online payment system. Look for the link, Renew your license in the information box on the right of the webpage pertaining to your license: Concealed Weapon or Firearm License, Private Investigation, Private Security, or Recovery and Repossession.

Alternatively, a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License can be renewed at one of the Division of Licensing's eight regional offices. You can simply walk in to one of our regional offices, submit your renewal application and leave with your license in hand. Bring your unsigned renewal form with you. We will perform the notary service and take your picture at no additional charge. Renewal services are also available at authorized tax collector's offices but an appointment may be required and a service fee may apply.

To return your renewal application by U.S. Mail:
• Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Renewals:
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

• Private Investigation, Recovery and Security License Renewals:
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 5767
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5767

Hey to all I need to renew my carry license in november. On the back of license is adress and phone number I actually wrote to them in February about how do I go about a renew and the cost. I never got a reply. I am good threw November but want to take care of it. My question to Florida folks what does it take to re New and the cost. I would assume you send in copy of license and driver license ?Any help please.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome from the Florida Spacecoast. I recommend you just head on down to the local Tax Collector office in your county that does Concealed Carry permits, and get it done there. Should be painless.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Easiest and least costly way is to walk in to a regional Dept. of AG&CS office and get-er done. No appt needed. Some county DL & tax collection offices can do the same but may require an appointment and have a add-on fee for renewing.
This^. I just did mine and from the time I parked to when I got back in my car was all of 16 minutes and $60. You should get a package in the mail that tells you everything you need to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts