Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F13E24D9-2063-40FF-860A-542BA996F0AD.jpeg

Wife will join me. It’s her first IDPA shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Good luck. Can't ever seem to find a match near me on a day that I have free. I envy you, enjoy yourself.

Reactions: G-man*

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
I’ve only shot one IDPA match, great fun and a learning experience. Wish someone would host more around here,

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
Good luck to you both! :hand10:

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Shoot safely and well. And have fun - but that doesn't need to be said because IDPA is always fun no matter how well or not so well you do.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
IDPA matches are so much fun and will get the heart pumpin' for sure. Enjoy.

Reactions: OD* and G-man*

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All went well, and we both had a great time. I got a couple of procedural violations, and of course so did the wife, but it was great to see her running and gunning:).

I used the G26, and she used the Duck Glock. Not really caring about the competition aspect, we did everything from concealed even when it wasn’t mandated, and pretty much carried and dressed as we do every day. Only difference for me was strong side IWB instead of AIWB per the regulation.

I had a malfunction on one stage with a round not feeding right. Since it was a strong side only course of fire then switching to weak hand, I initially thought it was a limp wrist. Then, I saw that I had accidentally mixed a G27 mag in the group, so now I think that could have been the issue.

On one course, I ran it just like practice, shooting on the move from the draw, one handed. I didn’t drop any points at all on those two targets, which apparently caused quite the conversation, lol.

I knew going in my sights are off, but I have been compensating for it with a little Ky windage. However after taking 4 shots to knock down 2 pepper poppers, I’m rethinking my sights. I need a taller front sight, and I doubt the TFO’s come in varying sight heights. May call Dawson Precision in the morning to see what they have.

Great day altogether. I did a clean sweep on the last stage, with the best time, so, I left on a high note:)

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Good report. And, as always, when we can have fun and learn something at the same time it's better. And "most better" Is your clean sweep with the best time on the last stage. Hooray.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just fixed my sights. I took off the rear TFO, and installed the standard Glock rear sight. It has a deeper notch so it brings that front sight down to where it hits well from 10 to 30 yards with a six o’clock hold.

What a pain though. A little peck to much to the right and it’s to the right too much. A little peck to the left , and it’s a little too far left.
I need to get my pecker fixed
:haha:

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Just fixed my sights. I took off the rear TFO, and installed the standard Glock rear sight. It has a deeper notch so it brings that front sight down to where it hits well from 10 to 30 yards with a six o’clock hold.

What a pain though. A little peck to much to the right and it’s to the right too much. A little peck to the left , and it’s a little too far left.
I need to get my pecker fixed
:haha:
That's what I like about a sight pusher, easy to move it a smidgen or a skoshi with out going too far.

Reactions: Chuck R. and G-man*

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
That's what I like about a sight pusher, easy to move it a smidgen or a skoshi with out going too far.
One of the best investments I've made was a universal sight pusher. I've probably done about 50-60 sights with mine, 6 or 7 of which were actually mine...

It comes in handy for zeroing fixed sights so I take it to the range when working with a new pistol/sights.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had to miss today. I really wanted to shoot the classifier too. Maybe next time. I hope you guys left a lot of brass laying.
It was a pretty small group yesterday....maybe 25-30 people.

Since I don’t handload 9mm, I left all mine there for ya!

I was at a perfect 0 for the first four stages of the classifier until the last one, and I forgot to take the head shot. Boom!....5 points, lol.

I aced the last stage, but was having so much fun, I did a second reload and hit them all again, adding more. But what the heck, I didn’t want to take that loaded ammo home with me:)

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of the best investments I've made was a universal sight pusher. I've probably done about 50-60 sights with mine, 6 or 7 of which were actually mine...

It comes in handy for zeroing fixed sights so I take it to the range when working with a new pistol/sights.
I believe that 100%. I need one. Im just a procrastinator when it comes to inet purchases for some reason.

·
Premium Member
33,895 Posts
It was a pretty small group yesterday....maybe 25-30 people.

Since I don’t handload 9mm, I left all mine there for ya!

I was at a perfect 0 for the first four stages of the classifier until the last one, and I forgot to take the head shot. Boom!....5 points, lol.

I aced the last stage, but was having so much fun, I did a second reload and hit them all again, adding more. But what the heck, I didn’t want to take that loaded ammo home with me:)
How many rounds did you go through?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts