Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only my opinion but everytime I hear someone refer to a pistol or rifle as a weapon I try to correct them and let them know that the pencil I carry in my pocket is a weapon also. People dont realize they are just fueling the mentality that firearms kill people instead of people using "weapons" kill people.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this. :mad:

·
8,501 Posts
Your pencil was designed to write. It is an IMPROVISED weapon. The AR-15 was designed as a weapon. It is what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
They sure the hell ain't popicles.

Pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns are weapons.

I wish people would study up on their English.

define weapon - Bing

BTW: this has been beat to death on this forum.
Simply do a search.

·
Banned
480 Posts
It's kind of hard to get around because except for competition, plinking, and hunting, they are used as weapons.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Firearms were not designed to kill, they are defensive weapons.
Gas chambers, electric chairs, and lethal injections were designed to kill.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Just don't be callin' it no gat.

Oops, did I say that?:redface:

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
They are weapons, whether they are used offensively or defensively, used for humans or game, or a handgun, long gun or scatter gun is beside the point.

Just don't be callin' it no gat.
Oh, no I have a very bad allergy to those gats.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Sorry, but being PC here when discussing guns just doesn't fit. If you carry it to protect your life, it is a weapon. It gives you the power to take life, be it 4 legged or 2 legged.

Therefore, address it, treat it and respect it accordingly. That Gospel came to me from my Grandfather when I was a young boy the first time he let me handle his 1911 .45 he carried in WWII.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I carried my G-17 at work, I thought of it as a weapon.
Same G-17 at the range, or cleaning it, I thought of it as a firearm.

Both very serious words.

I am new here. I was reading the posting about the consealed carry officer. I hurt my sides laughing. Thought I would pick up one of them badges to impress women.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
My state issued carry license is titled "Arizona Concealed Weapons License".

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This is only my opinion but everytime I hear someone refer to a pistol or rifle as a weapon I try to correct them and let them know that the pencil I carry in my pocket is a weapon also. People dont realize they are just fueling the mentality that firearms kill people instead of people using "weapons" kill people.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this. :mad:
Well Mrm; I think your about the only one that doesn't like the name partner, but hey it's cool in my book partner. I respect your right to call them whatever you want and I will respect your view and when talking with you, I will refer to them however you like.

I would like to make a comment about your analogy on the pencil comment though. After committing most of my life to the MA/SDs world. A pencil is not a weapon, it is an instrument meant for writing that may be used as a weapon when all else fails and you are in a situation that requires the use of whatever is available, same goes for keys, pens, sticks, pipes. Firearms are Weapons in my view and they were specifically designed for one purpose.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Other than to not scare the ignorant the word weapon doesn't bother me a bit. Weapon, gun, firearm, rifle, handgun, pistol or whatever it's all the same.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Call it a roscoe or a heater

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Put me in the "it is what it is" column...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts