Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a great little G42. Was thinking of using it as a possible back-up pistol. Real estate is limited. Front pockets are out. Ankle could work, but was thinking rear pocket.

What says you? It doesn't have to be fast - it's a back up.

This is the holster I'm thinking of getting. I've bought from him before back when I used to pack a Beretta .32 in my front pocket. His stuff is quality, but I haven't used the one with the fake cover/zipper. Anyone have one?

Glk42ZIPPER.jpg
Glock Pocket/Wallet Holster

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Have a great little G42. Was thinking of using it as a possible back-up pistol. Real estate is limited. Front pockets are out. Ankle could work, but was thinking rear pocket.

What says you? It doesn't have to be fast - it's a back up.

This is the holster I'm thinking of getting. I've bought from him before back when I used to pack a Beretta .32 in my front pocket. His stuff is quality, but I haven't used the one with the fake cover/zipper. Anyone have one?

View attachment 172722
Glock Pocket/Wallet Holster

Thanks!
I would be afraid to get the holster with the zipper/cover over the top. I think it might slow the draw way down. Other than that the rest of the holster looks goid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
My back pockets on my jeans didn't make it comfortable for me to do that. try it and let us know.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I've seen that design talked about. It's a nice looking holster.
I did have a leather type wallet holster for an LCP. It held my pocket open because it was taller than a normal wallet. Thus the flap on that one I imagine. It looks like it's good for discreet carry and not so good for speed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can't stand even sitting on my wallet, much less a hard pistol. I do like the idea, however, as a BUG.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
If you've ever experienced a skilled pickpocket (unfortunately, I have) you'd think twice. Whether he thinks it's a wallet OR a pistol, you lose...BOTH ways. Seems easier to go IWB (somewhere) or ankle-carry with a package that small. Just my $.02!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I hear what you are all saying about speed, but like I said in my OP, I'm not too worried about speed. Like I said, it'll only ever be used in that holster as a backup.

As for sitting on something hard like a pistol, yeah, it had been awhile since I've had anything in my back pocket, then I got an iPhone 7. I keep putting the thing back there even with it's battery case, so I'm thinking I'll be ok as it's never bothered me with that fat phone back there.

Pickpockets would an issue. I actually caught the guy the one time I was being pick pocketed in North America (in Canada actually lol). Not sure I'm too worried about it here in KS. Maybe I should call up my cop friends and see how common it is out here before deciding.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Attention all professional pick-pockets. Head to Kansas. They're ripe for...the pickin'! :biggrin2:

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I hear what you are all saying about speed, but like I said in my OP, I'm not too worried about speed. Like I said, it'll only ever be used in that holster as a backup.

As for sitting on something hard like a pistol, yeah, it had been awhile since I've had anything in my back pocket, then I got an iPhone 7. I keep putting the thing back there even with it's battery case, so I'm thinking I'll be ok as it's never bothered me with that fat phone back there.

Pickpockets would an issue. I actually caught the guy the one time I was being pick pocketed in North America (in Canada actually lol). Not sure I'm too worried about it here in KS. Maybe I should call up my cop friends and see how common it is out here before deciding.

Thanks all!!
May I suggest the real potential is that you do need it in a hurry. If you're going to your back up, it means the primary is down and you NEED that BUG NOW, there may be little time to doddle accessing a BUG. It's there for emergencies, they tend to necessitate expediency.

I wouldn't wear it, it's too slick and would likely come out with the gun. I prefer rough side out suede which "grabs" the pants material and doesn't come out with the gun still inside it.

Like this. I sit on this BUG revo all day long, and have been carrying a 5 shooter in a back pocket off and on, mostly on, for over 4 decades now. I don't really even notice it's there anymore than someone with a fat wallet will notice it after carrying one for any length of time.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I primarily carry hip pocket in a wallet holster 8 months out of the year, although a Glock 42 would be too big for my jeans and build. I carry a Taurus TCP or occasionally an LCP in a Desantis Superfly holster. I don't even relaize it's there. It's like a fat wallet like AzQkr said. I practice the draw often both at home and in tactical shooting class and once you get the knack you can be pretty quick, especially if the thief is asking for your wallet. :rolleyes:

Desantis6.jpg Desantis3.jpg Deantis4.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: drift and AzQkr

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would be scared of the gun poking out and being snatched by some loony.
Not to mention it must be super uncomfortable and bad to your back.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Mine does, a T or any untucked shirt/jacket etc hides it well enough to escape the scrutiny of even leo's in a restrictive state where they see it poking out, they own it and your permit.

I don't wear a back pocket gun with a tucked in shirt.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I tried my shield in the house in back pocket, not long though, I was sure someone could grab it out from behind me before I could. not preferable at all!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried my shield in the house in back pocket, not long though, I was sure someone could grab it out from behind me before I could. not preferable at all!
For all of you that think this isn't preferable at all for a back-up, where/how would/do you carry yours?

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
If you wear pants with fairly deep pockets it shouldn't be a problem. I have found that Carhartt's, Duluth Trading Company, and Dickie carpenter pants & shorts all have much deeper pockets. Just my .02 worth!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Mine doesn't stick out with my jeans. IWB is way more uncomfortable with my Sports Hernia than hip pocket. I go untucked if it's critical it's not seen and I would defy anyone to snatch it, even if they knew it was there. You really have to be at the right angle to get it out and behind it is not the right angle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
For all of you that think this isn't preferable at all for a back-up, where/how would/do you carry yours?
Pocket carry, i have done it with cargo pants, in the leg pocket, with the velcro closed. I know that l.e. friends carry bodyguard 380 as backup guns like that.
Sorry if you took offense to my post, just my opinion, thats all. no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I can successfully carry my LCP in a rear pocket with either the Desantis Nemisis or my preference a .060 thick Kydex from Aholster Co. The Kydex carries a tad deeper so makes it difficult for someone behind you to see (I wear it with a tucked in shirt). Standing ,the gun is approx. 3/4 of an inch below the pocket opening and while sitting the pocket actually closes over the gun. The Kydex is designed for front right pocket and is curved with a hook but, I find it works really well in a right rear pocket too. I like Walmart Faded Glory jeans for pocket carry as they have deep front and rear pockets and a wide cut opening on the front pockets (my G43 carries well in the front). I think it is critical to find the right pants as well. I am 5'10" and 180 lbs to give you an idea of frame size. If you have decent posture you don't actually sit on the gun. I can sit in hard chairs and not notice the gun. Yes, you are aware of it sitting in a padded chair or vehicle but, not uncomfortable to me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use an Uncle George's for a S&W Body Guard.

Unfortunately now seeing that one I get to buy yet another holster. I REALLY like how that one is hinged at the bottom allowing easier access to get your fingers between the print panel and the grip. If you want a wallet holster IMO that's the one. I'm ordering two today.

Reactions: drift
1 - 20 of 21 Posts