Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after calling for an Appt in Feb of this year, going to the Appt on 1 April, I received the license in the mail today:danceban:

retsupt99 - I request the usual briefing you always give everyone....................and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Congratulations. Wally World, hear we come!

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Congrats!:35:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Congrats on the new permit...FL is now a little bit safer...:yup::hand9:
Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!

When you do the Wally World Walk, don't forget to send your report to SIXTO so that you can get your 'full color' official DC certificate.:image035:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations I've only had mine for about a year. The three pieces of advice I received that I deemed to be the most useful are:
1) Carry concealed while shopping to get accustomed to being armed in public. Most people barely look at you, and you will learn to relax and act normal once you realize how little people pay attention to their surroundings.
2) Do NOT go places you would not go unarmed. If you go hunting for trouble you will find it. A CCW permit is not a police badge, and you are not superman with a gun.
3) Always carry your weapon. If you could predict when you would need your gun, you could avoid trouble entirely, and would not need to be armed.

·
Banned
2,289 Posts
Congrats. I went the mail in route and had mine in 13 days. The appointment method seems shorter until you factor in the time you have to wait for the appointment. :) Most of us around here just go to CVS to get passport photos, visit the police station same day for finger prints and then mail it in by the end of the day and in 2-3 weeks we get our ccw license.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Congrats stay safe.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Congrats! Stay safe!

When you do the Wally World Walk, don't forget to send your report to SIXTO so that you can get your 'full color' official DC certificate.:image035:
He works at WalMart? Go figure

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations I've only had mine for about a year. The three pieces of advice I received that I deemed to be the most useful are:
1) Carry concealed while shopping to get accustomed to being armed in public. Most people barely look at you, and you will learn to relax and act normal once you realize how little people pay attention to their surroundings.
2) Do NOT go places you would not go unarmed. If you go hunting for trouble you will find it. A CCW permit is not a police badge, and you are not superman with a gun.
3) Always carry your weapon. If you could predict when you would need your gun, you could avoid trouble entirely, and would not need to be armed.
I think Keith44 pretty well summed it up.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Congrats on your permit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats! Carry with wisdom, honor, and honed situational awareness.

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." -- George Washington

1 - 14 of 14 Posts