Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited when UPS delivered my new IWB C-TAC. Acting like a kid on X-MAS morning, I ripped the package open with a smile on my face ear to ear. Then it happened, to my surprise and to my wife\'s giggle, I discovered I had a major problem which took that smile off my face. Me and the hoster can not fit in the same pants at the same time.

Maybe I need a skinner hoster and skinner gun that are about 1/2 inch or less wide.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have not heard of a holster thinner than a C-TAC. The standard compensation is to get pants with a waist size 1 inch bigger than required. New pants will probably be cheaper than a new holster AND a new pistol.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
When you wash your jeans, pull at the waistline while they\'re still wet. You can leave them stretched out around a chair back or have some other object like a piece of broomstick to keep them stretched out as they dry. (There is a jeans stretcher marketed out there somewhere). As the jeans dry, ta-dah - you\'ve got an extra inch or so. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same holster. Although it worked in my regular pants, going 1 inch larger was more comfortable and as Trader stated, much cheaper than the alternative. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys and ladies,

I think I need to lose some waist line. My ego will not handle going up the a size 38 pants. Surely, the concept is not to have a waist line to match the gun you carry. I would hate to one day to buy a 45. :lol:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i ran into this with my Hk fullsize and a gcode... now the gcode isnt a small holster neither is a Hk usp .. i wore it most the summer IWB with shorts comfortable ... Pants same size as shorts wont fit the gun talk about a pain i swear pants makers are making sizes smaller i bougth 2 pair same size as ones i had on and man there little tight

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went through the same thing. So that I can carry with my old jeans, I just leave the button undone, the zipper up and the belt snug enough to keep my pants on. Of course you probably don\'t wanna do this with a tucked in shirt or you\'ll look like a goon, but with an untucked shirt it works. I\'m not goin anywhere without my gun and I don\'t wanna throw out perfectly good jeans.;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
My jeans are size 36 waist, before I got my C-Tac I went out and bought 3 pairs of 38 inch jeans. It makes all the difference in the world. I spend all sorts of money on other carry accessories, so I told myself why not buy some comfortable pants.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Jacob Lee
I have the same holster. Although it worked in my regular pants, going 1 inch larger was more comfortable and as Trader stated, much cheaper than the alternative. :)
Use a Club, you know, one of those things used to lock your steering wheel on your car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by clubsoda22
Maybe this is the motivation you need to go on a diet?
No disrespect Trader.
I will say that very similar experience is what finally caused me to start the reduced food intake thing.

\'mule

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
keep it up, yer making me feel good about wearing size 34 waist with my pistol IWB.:) Only problem is my Desantis Tuck holster doesn\'t carry well with too loose of wait or baggy pants.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts