Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, it seems like I found a website many moons ago that gave the agreements each state had as far as recognizing ones conceled carry permit and allowing it in their state. Kinda like if you have a permit in Mississippi, this state allows you to carry it in theirs.
Any idea if there is such a site out there now?
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
127 Posts
Packing.org

Try www.packing.org

At the top it says "state ccw info" - click on that. Then click on your state name and find the section called "Reciprocity"

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Alternatively most states have their own website as well. I usually find the State Police website for a given state to have info on CCW reciprocity and rules. I usually check these and packing.org before carrying in another state.

-Scott-

·
Registered
74 Posts
Packing.org is no longer considered to be kept current.

I'm sorry, I can't remember where I saw the info that Packing is not current - I'm sure a search will expose it.

For that reason the following Forum was recently created solely for reciprocity information.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

C

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm curious...there are several states that do not honor the Michigan permit, but Michigan honors theirs...seems like a call to my state reps is in order...what do you think?

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
That is true of most states. The states that have a reciprocal agreement honor each others permits. But sometimes there has not been an agreement worked out, or something in the provisions of state A's laws is not in accordance with the law in state B. In that case state B may not recognize state A's permit, but state A accepts state B's permits because everything in state B's law is in accordance with state A's.

·
Super Moderator
18,125 Posts
There are several states that reconize ANY permit from any state...Missouri being one of them.

Thats the way it ought to be....

·
Registered
750 Posts
You also need to see if the permits honored are resident or non-resident. Florida does recognized quite a few states permits, but on their resident permits.

I guess that way, if you are denied a FL resident permit, you can't get around the law by getting a non-resident permit from another state.

Not every web site includes that info, so best is to check with your own state's gun laws. Most states do have them on their own web sites.

mm

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for the link
hmmm it would be nice if you could get 1 permit and have it be accepted in all states that allow concealed carry. And it would be nice if i could win the lotto...(while im dreaming) Going on a honeymoon cruise to s america in sept. I have a feeling that i am going to feel very naked w/o my little buddy on my hip.

·
Registered
577 Posts
hence the feeling naked. my luck the cruise line will get hijaked by poorly armed pirates

1 - 15 of 15 Posts