Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Planning a trip to Rupp arena in KY. Researching if it's a GFZ, I find the above.

I have an Ohio CHL, that is recognized in KY. Does this constitute "authorized to carry weapons by the common wealth of Kentucky"?

"I miss America"

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The Clinton crime bill/gun free zones was ruled unconstitutional. It was amended to allow carry in school zones by carriers licensed by that state. That means different things in different states. By the looks of things, KY is similar to other states, where a person is exempt from the gun free school zone in that state, if they are licensed to carry by that state.

Your OH license is recognized, generally speaking, in KY, but is not a licence issued by that state, therefore no good in KY school zones. You may carry in an OH school zone.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Rupp has recently installed metal detectors, just like the KFC Yum center in Louisville. Don't even bother.

Reactions: CDW4ME

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Rupp has recently installed metal detectors, just like the KFC Yum center in Louisville. Don't even bother.
... going, or disarm for entertainment. :23:

Finished it for you. :sly:

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Registered
250 Posts
Any sporting event not directly related to firearms is also a prohibited place where I live, as well as in many other areas. Whether or not the arena is on school property, it's not a good idea to carry there.

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
It's nice to have that LEOSA card in your back pocket....

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I only carry in Rupp if we're playin' Duke. I haven't trusted a Blue Devil since...1992. :hand5:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts