Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based upon me being shut out in Houston today trying to get a Glock 26, I was wondering if perhaps the Glock 30 would not be the better way to go. I already have a Glock 21 and a supply of .45 ammo, so it WOULD be nice to stick to one type of bullet.

My main reason for the Glock 26 was from what I have read based upon recoil, or rather, the amount of time it would take to reacquire the target.

Is anyone familiar with the recoil from the Glock 26 and how it compares to the Glock 30?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can't comment on the 30, but I can comment on the 36 (Glock's single stack .45 subcompact). I don't find a huge difference between the 26 and the 36 in terms of recoil.

My 26 has the Pearce +1 mag extensions, which help a bit with the grip. My 36 uses the stock factory mags.

Neither gun is as pleasant to shoot as a full size 9mm or .45, but neither is as punishing as my Rohrbaugh 9mm. You should have no problem in putting a couple hundred rounds through either gun in the course of a range visit.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I own both and find them to be very similar. The smaller G26 is obviously going to be a bit more than a mid-size 9mm, but the G30 is the softest shooting .45 I have ever shot.

I could shoot either one all day without discomfort.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My G30 has a DIFFERENCE feel on recoil vs my G26. It not so much as more but different. I think the G30 slide is heavier and the .45acp is more of a push. The G26 slide is ligther and gets back into battery "faster" and the 9mm is a little snap. Both are OK to me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the opinion guys. I went out to a range yesterday with some friends that have a Glock 26 and a Glock 30 and did a "taste test" and I prefer the feel of a 30. The 26 felt great, but the 30 seemed more natural to me for whatever reason.

So, guess what followed me home from Academy this morning? Picutres to follow soon.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Good choice! Congrats! I have yet to read any negative feeds on the G30. Mine has been 100% reliable. I'm sure you will like it.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
The recoil would seem to be about the same to me...go .45!:danceban:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Good choice, you won't be sorry...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
nice choice, the 30 is what I CCW'd and now its my off-duty piece
you'll love it, best feeling pistol I own, I too have the 21 and they are great companions, share mags too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts