Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my defender but have been firing the heck out of it and I am considering a full sized to use at the range.

Can anyone tell me what model is the best bang for the buck new or used and if you see one LMK?

I will probably have the trigger done and thats it any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Colt Gold Cup

I like Colt Gold Cups for range use, and have a number of them. There are lots of used ones on the market, or you can buy the new Trophy models. Here are three that I use frequently, two in .45 and one in 10mm:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Check out Fusion Firearms.

They are a ton of high quality gun for the money.
I have a Fusion "top end" on one of my frames and it's excellent. Super accurate - extremely well fit - forged and machined slides - get a forged/machined frame. No MIM (metal injected molded) parts.

Plenty of photos here. Click on "New Fusion Firearms" to the left of the page.
Fusion Firearms

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Gold Cup.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Have a Series 70 Gov't(purchased new circa '85). I would shop around and maybe you can score a used one then have whatever work done and save a couple bucks. Good Luck!!:smile:

PS: AGAIN..that's a fine looking Four-Five you have!:hand5:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Series 70 Gold Cup for plinking
Series 80 Combat Commander for range work
Kimber Ultra CDP for EDC

Aside: One Kimber Super Match I delivered had a 25 yd target with 5 holes into .7"

·
Registered
315 Posts
Okay, I recommend a full-size Colt... for everyone.

I don't have one, but this is the one I want.

Colt Special Combat Government Carry, #O1970CY. With its combat sights, ambidextrous thumb safety, and extended mag well, the only thing you may need to do is the trigger.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Id trust any Colt with my life

1 - 9 of 9 Posts