Defensive Carry banner

Recommendation for a big guy

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Keltyke 
#1 ·
I am looking for a shoulder holster preferably leather to carry my Glock 22 or Sig 228 pistol. I am also a big guy with large shoulders.

#2 ·
Try SAM ANDREWS. Andrews Custom Leather Sam can custom make any size you need. He's one the country's best holster makers, too. But he ain't cheap.

#3 ·
Might try This guy as well he made the shoulde rig that I use when I have to toss a jacket on.

#4 ·

I am also a big guy at 6'3" and 260 lbs and about two months ago purchased the shoulder holster in the pic from Cabela's. I carry a Dan Wesson 1911 CBOB in it and, initially, had much the same kind of concerns as did the OP.

As it was only $75.00 and Cabelas has an excellent return program I figured I didn't have much to lose.

The holster comes in a darn good, soft leather which fit the Dan Wesson quite well.

It took some doing to get it adjusted just right for my carcass but I did get the hang of it and it has performed beyond my expectations. My size was no problem at all.

Given the cost and the quality I am quite pleased with it.

#9 ·

I have to agree with automatic slim about Galco. Galco does have some great Shoulder Holsters systems. Thay have a wide range of options for carry. Barrel vertical or horzontial. Then you have have a big selection of spare mag holders. You can get 2 or 3 mag holder, or mag/cuff, 2 mag/light holder. Flap or no flap. The list goes on and on.

#10 ·
I'm 6'2", 275, and like my belts tight under my belly. IWB is pretty much out for me, and I don't like anything inside my pants except me. I carry a XD9SC, and I use XD Gear, Uncle Mike's, or Fobus Kydex paddle holsters. They serve well. They're very comfortable and I can wear one all day. They hold my gun tightly against my body, and I really like the clean "click-click" of drawing and reholstering. The price won't break the bank, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.