Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking up a double stack DA/SA 9mm with a 4 inch barrel preferably in the <$500 range. I'll be carrying it, so it can't be all steel - too damn heavy!

I'm currently considering is the Tristar C-100 and also the EAA SAR K2P 9MM.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
No steel does drop a lot of them off ..Sig 228, the org and best imop Jerhico pistols and more

Ok plastic ..Well the sig 320 and the 250 are in the price range if you look , the tp9 is and more

Frankly bigger question ...What kind of gun you want ? Cause the ones you listed are CZ clones is that what you are looking for?

Please also bear in mind coast of holster and mags ..For some of them holster wont be fun to find

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alloy frame is fine, just all steel is too much.

The Sigs aren't a bad idea, I do love Sigs, but they aren't DA/SA. The TP9 is interesting; I'll have to do more research. I'm just not a fan of the striker-style trigger.

It's not that I'm looking specifically for a CZ clone, it's just that those fit the desired characteristics. This is actually why I'm asking. There must be some mid-sized and mid-priced 9mm guns that aren't striker fired that I'm missing.

BTW, I'm military so LEO pricing works for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm currently considering is the Tristar C-100 and also the EAA SAR K2P 9MM.
I'm not familiar with the EAA but I do have the C100 in 9mm and 380 Auto (no longer imported). My C100 is one of several carry pieces and I can't speak highly enough about it. Great gun by any measure...alloy frame, 15+1, terrific CZ75 design, OAL 7.3" so it's definitely not a pocket piece. I gave $360 for it, NIB.

DSCN1648.jpg

Go here for discussions on CZ clones....
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=27.0

Bersa makes the Thunder Pro UC in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP. These guns are also 'metal', DA/SA and are well done. I had the Thunder Pro UC in 40 S&W then added the 9mm barrel, slide and magazine (available through Eagle Imports) making it a two caliber piece. The total package was under $500.

Go here for info on the 9mm Bersa...
https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/lifestyle/home-defense/thunder-pro-ultra-compact-9mm-922

Go here for info on the 40 S&W Bersa...
https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/lifestyle/home-defense/thunder-pro-ultra-compact-40s-w-923

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
You really can't go wrong with a CZ or CZ clone, if you don't want to go the striker-fired camp..
of which I've migrated to in the past year or so ever since my Glock 26 and first XD-s pistol.

Have fun with the pixs:
K R's Library | Photobucket

I still have high hopes for a new design CZ that's striker-fired and will
add some fresh air to the CZ pistol line.

Not that their pistols are bad, but most want polymer and a striker
these days. Or that's how I see the gun market.

We might see the Berreta APX or some other guns in 2017 before that.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Don't know the barrel length on a CZ p-07 but I'd be willing to bet it would be plenty accurate out to 75 or 100 yards if it's anything like my P-09.

What I'd like to see CZ make is a poly DA/SA single stack, but a striker fired single stack would be good also.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SP2022 is interesting. I knew it existed but thought it was striker fired. Prices seem to have gone up since its introduction, but the LEO price is $400 at QT.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Recommendations for a 4&quot; DA/SA doublestack 9mm that's &lt;$500

Check out the Walther P99 9m AS. ITS A DA/SA striker fired with a decocker. 15+1. Excellent ergonomics. Awesome trigger with super short reset. As reliable and durable as a Glock. Can be had for around $500. Also the Canik TP9 is a licensed copy of the Walther but more like $350. Same excellent trigger and ergos.

http://www.tactical-life.com/firear...iew/#walther-p99-as-9mm-pistol-_-gun-review-6

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/james-grant/gun-review-cai-canik55-tp-9/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I would look for a CPO Sig 229, a 228 will be better, but might be a little over your $500.00 limit though or HK USPc, P-2000 in the used market.

edit to add: at least my Sigs a 220, 229, 239 have a better DA pull, than my HKs USPc, P-2000, HK .45C. the SA is about the same giving a little edge to the Sigs again.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
I have had a lot of the P99 and the TP9

They can take some getting use to esp with the top decocker ..I am not a fan of the ones that disable the trigger if you de cock though

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the QA with the disabling decocker. Non issue for me as it's only purpose is for take down without the need to dry fire. It's very small, out of the way, and impossible to actuate unintentionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Sig P2022!

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
KY Gun has a CZ compact for <$500 on sale right now....but Gunbuyer has the SARB6P compact for about $255

·
Registered
398 Posts
You can also look at the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact. Alloy frame, steel slide, frame mounted safety/decocker like a 1911. It comes in 9mm, .40S&W and .45 ACP.

They have a good record for reliabilty and accuracy. They usuallybe found between $450-500.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A Beretta PX4 Storm compact fits the description of what you're looking for. I own 2 PX4's the full size and the subcompact. They are both excellent weapons. I am looking for a compact to complete the trifecta.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a PX4 Storm full size and subcompact also. Very nice guns. franko45 is doing what I'm doing and I don't know him. I'd like the compack too. Holsters for these guns are getting easier to find too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts