Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a .45 compact handgun. I want to be able to have a round in the chamber, hammer down, with a double action first shot and single action thereafter.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I'd look at the Sig P220 compact. True DA/SA, 6+1 of 45acp. I'm not sure of any other non-striker or non SAO 1911 compact 45's out there.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
If you are open to a striker fired I would say XDS45 but since you specified otherwise I will go with the HK USP 45 Compact as well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Sig or H&K.

Reactions: Goldy49

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you gentlemen for your recommendations. I'll consider them all.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Psst, CZ97B
If you can find one.
Oops, but it's not a compact.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
These are the small 45's that I can personally recommend.
1. Detonics Combat Master. I have an original but they are being made again. Con: they are a bit heavy but are one heck of a blunt tool if needed.
2. S&W MP 45C. We use one in the Seminar class and it has fired in excess of 1K rounds in the hands of newby students without a single problem.
3. HK 45C. One of my personnel Aces. These always work. period!!!!
4. XDs 45. Twofeathers carry gun, and she is a mean machine with this. Light but has recoil.
5. Colt LW Commander. The old baby that is a s beautiful as it is deadly.
Any of these will serve you well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Officer's Model 1911. My Sig Ultra Nitron has been 100% into a couple thousand rounds now. I prefer it to the 4" S.A.'s which require a paper clip or tool to disassemble. I havent found a compact DA/SA .45 that I feel is made by a reliable brand though Sig has made what they call compact version's of the P series. Kinda big to me.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Colt Defender, S&W shield.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Another vote for HK45C V3

Then after you're used to it, convert it to a LEM trigger and never have to de-cock again.........

Chuck

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm loving my P220, but at 4.5" is not what I would call compact.
I like the XDM mod2 3.3", its a double stack 9+1.
The XD's as mentioned has quite a kick to it and being a single stack your 5+1.
The XD's is only .3" smaller, so is why I went with the mod2, slightly thicker but 9+1. in case I miss:hmmmm:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts