Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know, people here either conceal carry or are working toward it like me. But even the old timers must carry their equipment in a carry bag sometimes I would think. So I initially used my Old Nash Hospital bag from when I tore my esophagus open due to acid reflux. (fun). See images.

Well it didn't work very well as there are no compartments inside and everything got piled together and was scrambled by the time I got to the firing range. What I imagine I need is a bag sort of like my photography bag with compartments to put stuff in that can be adjusted to size (for long lenses, flashes, etc). I did like the idea of the bag saying Hospital instead of NRA. I'm sure a few wondered about that bag when I came in. :blink:

So, What are your recommendations for a bag to carry stuff to and from the range in until I get my CCW license. Even then will need a bag for glasses, ear muffs, ammo, etc. Any favorites? (Hopefully not like photography equipment where a 19cent pen is 19 cents but a photography pen is $29.95!)

IMG_3919.jpg IMG_3921.jpg

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
I just use a range bag I got from the NRA for free

and pistol cases got them in bulk to box the guns up

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
If you are a prime member, Amazon ships for free.
I like most Allen Range bags. Shucks, I have seen folks use everything from cheap tool bags to old diaper bags with lots of pockets.(didn't want it to seem like something you'd want to steal.)

I bought this 3.5 years ago. No shoulder strap, I didn't want one on this bag. But I do like the pistol rugs. Cost about $24 with free shipping back then.
image.jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you're talking about a range bag, any compartmentalized bag will work. I prefer backpacks as they don't look anything at all like a range bag.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I carry my junk to the range in a 1980 alice pack. If I feel like I must carry my gun around in a bag, it will be a 5.11 moab 10. Generally speaking, I want my gun secured in some way, I don't want it just sliding around inside a bag.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
I use a Craftsman Tool Bag that has lots of pockets and is meant to carry carry heavy bulky objects is very durable and if it tears up or is damaged it has a lifetime warranty and it was less than $15 on sale.

Reactions: Dragracer

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
...when I tore my esophagus open due to acid reflux. (fun). See images....
Oh THANK GAUD! I thought you were gonna' post pictures of your...torn esophagus! :nono:

Have a look at the Stanley "Fax Max" tool bags at Home Depot & Lowes. Nice, under-the-radar looks, tough materials, big-rugged zippers, lots of outside pockets, weather-resistant, hard-plastic bottom & WIDE-MOUTH opening top. You can catch 'em on sale for ~$30 or so. :yup:

image.jpeg

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks to all for the inputs. Yes Ghost Tracker, that bag is definitely under the radar like my hospital bag which unfortunately had no pockets or dividers or I would have stayed with it.

What I got over Christmas was the Blackhawk Sportster Deluxe Range Hunting Bag which I picked up on sale at Perry's Gun Shop for $29!! (If you are in the Raleigh or eastward area, I highly recommend Perry's in Wendell, NC)

https://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-Sp...3-1ba4-4f4e-bdcc-0febe090b8ed&pf_rd_i=desktop

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Tactical-Nylon/Bags-Packs/Bags/Sportster-Deluxe-Range-Bag.aspx

Good video of bag layout.

Hope others benefit from this discussion, it's been great. Thanks gang. :danceban:

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a maxpedition range bag. Anything made by maxpedition will last forever. I use a maxpedition also as a get home bag and I carry one everyday with a trauma kit in it as well as a few extra things I use on a daily basis and a couple extra mags. They are a little pricey but like I said they last forever.

Compact Range Bag

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I would look at maxpedition. They make great products. Warning they are very addicting. And you won't buy just one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have 2 of the LA gear bail out bags and I love them. One for everyday work and the other for shooting.
Hidden "pocket " inside for a handgun or other items.
Durable, machine washable. Had mine for 3 years.
About $20-25 plus shipping

1 - 20 of 26 Posts