Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my CCW holster now, and am now looking at gun belts. I am eyeing one of the Bigfoot belts, probably a 1.5". What would everyone else recommend, and why? I will be carrying a Smith and Wesson M&P9 full size. Thanks ahead of time for your input.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I've got a bigfoot belt and I love it. I carry a full size 1911 with no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I like the looks of the Bigfoot belts, and if I buy another leather belt it will probably be one of theirs. My favorite is my Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch Instructors belt. Plenty supportive for my full size Sigs, Berettas, and 1911's. Infinitely adjustable too.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use the Wilderness 5 stitch or the Magpul Tejas belt. Both work just fine for me. I've really been impressed with the Tejas belt so far - for a leather belt, it doesn't start to curve after daily wear because of the polymer backing. Felt stiff for a few days but broke in very quick. Pretty much my go-to now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently got a bigfoot belt and really like it, very well made and does a nice job supporting my IWB shield holster. I got the 14oz 1.5" belt and it just fits through my belt loops, not sure how the 18oz belt that is thicker yet would work. Nice product though, would definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recently got a bigfoot belt and really like it, very well made and does a nice job supporting my IWB shield holster. I got the 14oz 1.5" belt and it just fits through my belt loops, not sure how the 18oz belt that is thicker yet would work. Nice product though, would definitely recommend them.
That's the exact one that I'm eyeing. Considering ordering it next week.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I recently got an aker leather b21 belt and it's great. You can get them new on amazon for cheap.
+1 I got this and the bigfoot and I like the Aker a bit better. I got the bigfoot in brown and it has scratches and wear from my IWB clips. The Aker in black has not had this problem. The sizing was also a bit better for me. Been wearing constantly for about 6 months. You can spend more on a gun belt, but I'm not sure what it would buy you.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have 3 bigfoots and love them. Why 3? lost over 80 lbs in the last couple of years. could have sen them back for shortening but you never know LOL. hard to lengthen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been using belts from Mike at A Better Belt USA for years now and won't be switching anytime soon.

He has different levels of stiffness depending on what you're going to be using it for and will work with you for what you need in a belt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not to change the subject. Pre CHL I've always bought the thickest leather belt's I could find, either from Academy or TSC because they tend to last longer. I've hand my CHL for several years now and using the same non gun leather belts. I carry OWB with a Ruger SR9c and have carried for over twelve hours a day on several occasions with no discomfort. On my last birthday my wife talked me into getting a "gun belt". I ordered and received a 39" bull hide belt with stiffener from the Belt Man. I ordered this brand due to the recommendations on various hand gum forums. It's a beautiful belt and I have no doubt it will last me many years. But I honestly can not tell any difference in comfort between my non gun belts to my "gun belt".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts