Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my approval from the state police today regarding my permit, and will be picking up my license from the local sheriff's office within the next few days. To that end, I've decided that I will carry one extra magazine, so I need a mag pouch that will clip onto my gun belt. I will need one for a double stack magazine, so I'm trying to avoid bulkiness in the pouch itself if at all possible. I looked at one from Blackhawk, but the girth of the thing was a major complaint from people with regard to concealed carry. This forum is full of good info, so I figured I would get recommendations from the good folks here before purchasing. I will probably be wearing this at the 11 o'clock position. Anything on the market that fits this bill? Would like to go fiber or kydex if possible, but I'm not ruling out leather if it fits the bill. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
About 3/4s of the time I use the same pouch...I have several for a couple different guns. I really like the easy on/off, and I've never had one pull off my belt.

I also use one of these from the same company:

Single Magazine Concealment Pouch | Comp-Tac Victory Gear

Chuck

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Purchased one of the horizontal Magholders. Really dig those a lot, plus it was less expensive than the Comp-Tac. Thanks for your suggestions, fellas. :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Looks like you already found something to your liking, but just wanted to put in a plug for SHTF gear horizontal mag pouch. I used to carry an inexpensive vertical one, and it was fine, but the horizontal is way more comfortable to use for me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That does look like a very nice pouch, I had seen one of those earlier while I was searching. I like the fact that the Magholder can clip on, and doesn't have the flaps. But it does look like incredibly good work.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
$10 horizontal cell phone case from Walmart

Works with speed-loaders too

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I carry my spare ten round magazine for the LCP in a walmart glasses case in my shirt pocket. I like the idea of the cell phone case and I will buy one to try it out. I am not sure if we can have a magazine exposed in Illinois with our concealed carry but I like having mine out of sight anyway. Looks like the brand of that one is bytech.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Recommendations for mag pouch for CCDW?

What's the "D" stand for?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, here in Kentucky, going through the process to get a permit, the acronym is for "concealed carry deadly weapon".

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
871 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Being the cheap ******* that I am I cut two small strips from a bicycle inner tube (3/8" to 1/2" wide, like a rubber band) slip them over my belt and slide an extra mag in there and have a horizontal holder that works great and has quick access with just a tug.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont have one yet but I am thinking about a horizontal pouch.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Strange I would run across this thread within days of ending my OWB mag pouch search. I'm not too fond of all-Kydex mag pouches 'cuz, in my experience, they can make a noisy plastic "click". I also wanted a style that would effective-retain yet easily-release different styles & calibers of mags. AND I wanted the option of horizontal, canted or vertical positioning OWB.

Well, I found it at...Lowes.

image.jpg image.jpg

It's branded by "Nite Ize Innovation", (Item #97124, Model # LHS-03), has 18 reviews at 4.5 stars. It's intended as a multi-sized flashlight holster, it's well-made, the clip is secure & stout, and it indexes every 45 degrees. It's comfortably hold mags for my GLOCKs, my BHPs, and my 1911 variants.

Cost - $8.95 :biggrin2:

Reactions: Aquaman and Old Man

·
Registered
38 Posts
Strange I would run across this thread within days of ending my OWB mag pouch search. I'm not too fond of all-Kydex mag pouches 'cuz, in my experience, they can make a noisy plastic "click". I also wanted a style that would effective-retain yet easily-release different styles & calibers of mags. AND I wanted the option of horizontal, canted or vertical positioning OWB.

Well, I found it at...Lowes.

View attachment 162785 View attachment 162793

It's branded by "Nite Ize Innovation", (Item #97124, Model # LHS-03), has 18 reviews at 4.5 stars. It's intended as a multi-sized flashlight holster, it's well-made, the clip is secure & stout, and it indexes every 45 degrees. It's comfortably hold mags for my GLOCKs, my BHPs, and my 1911 variants.

Cost - $8.95 :biggrin2:
I like what I see. Will run past Lowes and check it out. For that price you cant go wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts