Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should all take note of this event in Sacramento, CA. I know, I know, California.

This is happening in California and the sheriff seems to be bragging about it.

There are all kinds of Wrong about this situation. First is Facebook and second is Twitter....running a close third and tied are California and the concept of “Red Flag” laws. I think posting political ideas on Facebook is stupid, right after simply posting on Facebook. Allowing an anonymous Twitter user (note the handle of the Twitter user in the article) to influence a sheriff to activate a red flag law is amazingly stupid. Red flag laws are really sketchy at best and if loosely written and utilized are a prime point of abuse, as in this case.
The sheriff seems to crow about using this law to take guns. Amazing.

The ACLU will not pay attention to this and possibly even the NRA.

This seems typical of California and, of course, in California, the man will have a hard time retrieving his firearm even if he is successful. If he is truly dangerous, there are other legal steps that should be taken before this one.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
California slides another foot down into the swamp - there is nothing legal or moral about confiscating one's firearms based on a political view and accusations by an anonymous source.

·
Premium Member
5,303 Posts
This is a terrible abuse of rights.

Remember when people said," they're coming for your guns" and were laughed at as paranoid, conspiracy theorists?

Not so paranoid now.

FB is getting dangerous. Anything a Trump supporter says is considered racist and hate speech by the Left.

Expect to see more of this.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
California slides another foot down into the swamp - there is nothing legal or moral about confiscating one's firearms based on a political view and accusations by an anonymous source.
And it seems as CA goes, so goes the nation...eventually. CA expats are infiltrating other states and CA's LE actions are giving cops and prosecutors in other states ideas...

So everyone who was initially for Red Flag, including the NRA, can now see where this is going. I can easily envision that if people on this site could be identified by name and location, some of the posts here could be the basis for a Red Flag order all by themselves, no other transgressions required.

And I have to ask for umteenth time: Where are the mythical cops who are going to refuse to do unconstitutional confiscations because of their oath of office or whatever? It seems here the cops did this one on their own initiative, based on an anonymous Tweet from an Antifa member. No one asked this sheriff's department to do this. This was not a case of LE being our friends!

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
Anything I read on Facebook I take wit a grain of salt.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Facebook has literally kept us out of church, I’m not making this up. People at church, and this is churches of all sizes, will post your picture and take your picture without asking. We don’t do FaceBook and don’t allow it in the house. We don’t send family members or friends pictures due to FB.

Have said it before, if I like you then I have your phone number and know what you look like - people I don’t know and will never meet never have a need to know.

You will never be safe on Facebook, nothing you have put there in the past is safe. Who’s to say they can’t change it and make it into a lie and say you said it? No way, to me nothing is safe as far as FB goes. Each to their own.

Reactions: bill35738

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ideology rules. The authorities, while not actually able to predict your actions or read your mind, can get a court to act against you when no crime has actually been commited. In essence, you are guilty of something you might do. Due process can be skipped because you didn't actually do anything. And you will probably have to pay a fare for the bus ride to the re-education camp.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
“Red flag law abuse” I feel is a redundant statement.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Watch "Minority Report" again.....

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
That's exactly what they're trying to do - make minorities of gun owners. :mad:

·
Registered
597 Posts
That's exactly what they're trying to do - make minorities of gun owners. :mad:
In light of recent events, I think our proportion of the population is actually rising.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
NRA or another gun group needs to pay for his lawsuit against CA and all the way up to the Supreme Court.

This is completely different than someone making a threat. They literally took his 2A rights away because they were offended by his clothes.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
NRA or another gun group needs to pay for his lawsuit against CA and all the way up to the Supreme Court.

This is completely different than someone making a threat. They literally took his 2A rights away because they were offended by his clothes.
I'm equally concerned that apparently they got a search warrant based just on an anonymous post by Antifa on Twitter and the fact that he owned a gun. Ideology aside, to me that is not due process, even under the unconstitutional red flag scheme. I'm also concerned that the search found nothing illegal, but they seized his property anyway. I thought you needed a pattern or threat of violence at least. This case is saying that if someone anonymously calls you a racist on social media then you are automatically dangerous. What could possibly go wrong with that precedent?

Lately, I've been reading posts on this site with an eye toward, "What could someone do if they found out the identities and locations of DC members and looked at all their posts." I think I could get red flagged in a heartbeat. And there are ways to figure that stuff out without the cooperation of the site. I hope Second Media Corp. of Toronto, Canada who owns this site is not handing out our information, but if they got a court order under Canadian law, requested by the US DOJ and got IP addresses, etc. we'd be toast.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just had to chuckle at the title of the thread

"Red Flag Law Abuse"

In what any other way, when we consider the principle of the Bill of Rights, is any Red Flag Law NOT abuse!

·
Registered
972 Posts
And they used Covid as justification too! Just amazing?
Guy may well have been a loon, if so lock him up as taking his gun ?AND HIS PANTS? does not do much more than encourage a loon, if he is, to go B&E in his Jockey's! In NY LE has to give the names of those who accuse to the accused. Seems a perfect storm of a continuing cycle of action/reactions.
Ultimately who gets to decide what is racist? Or how? These are crazy sad times.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
You all need to read the complaint. It is just one red herring chasing another. It is a list of wishes rather than fact. And like @pskys2 points out, the authoritarians use corona to rationalize everything without making the factual connection. Just, "because of corona...these uncertainty times...unprecedented...."

Horse hockey. This judge needs to be taken to task. That position is responsible for checking the prosecutor and saying, come back with actual evidence.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You all need to read the complaint. It is just one red herring chasing another. It is a list of wishes rather than fact. And like @pskys2 points out, the authoritarians use corona to rationalize everything without making the factual connection. Just, "because of corona...these uncertainty times...unprecedented...."

Horse hockey. This judge needs to be taken to task. That position is responsible for checking the prosecutor and saying, come back with actual evidence.

What he said. Ladies and gentlemen, we officially have thought crime on the books. Welcome to 1984.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts