Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A California man had his registered firearm seized by local police after "Antifa" members on social media accused him of being racist on the internet -- the first case of its kind.

On July 7th/8th, a left-wing extremist Twitter user "@anonymouscommie," doxed a Sacramento resident named Andrew Casarez. This anonymous account accused him of being a "neo-Nazi troll." As a result, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office opened up an investigation into him and found that Casarez was a gun owner. On that basis, they got a search warrant for his home and car. Nothing illegal or of a criminal nature was found during the search, but the deputies got a judge's permission to seize Casarez's handgun, a pair of pants and a "racist" t-shirt using a "gun restraining order," aka Red Flag. (pants and a T-shirt are covered by Red Flag now???)

The Sacramento County Sheriff's Office is bragging about being the first in the country to seize a firearm using primarily the owner's political ideology as the excuse. On the case, spokesperson Lacey Nelson is quoted as saying “This search warrant is the first of its kind in the country. He was posting enough racist rhetoric and propaganda on Facebook that it was concerning that his behaviors could become violent in retaliation.” Nelson also said “Instead of waiting for him to go out and commit acts of violence, per se, they were able to ideally stop it before it started."

The sworn Red Flag affidavit explains that the mere act of having your personal information posted by "antifa," COVID-19, and Casarez's alleged views on race during an "imaginary" rash of ongoing "hate crimes" are all reasons for why his Constitutional rights must be preemptively suspended.

So everyone who was initially for Red Flag, including the NRA, can now see where this is going. I can easily envision that if people on this site could be identified by name and location, some of the posts here could be the basis for a Red Flag order all by themselves, no other transgressions required.

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I checked for this story before I started this post, but after I posted saw the story was already running in another thread.

·
Super Moderator
16,784 Posts
Sorry, I checked for this story before I started this post, but after I posted saw the story was already running in another thread.

No sweat I'll just close this one and redirect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.