Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that 'red flag' confiscations are being carried out with the 'Randy Weaver' tactic. They first take the person into custody away from the home while they are out in public. Then, when they feel the home is safe, they serve the warrant and collect the firearms. The 'cold dead hands' vision is taken out of play. Comments?

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
It might save someone from getting killed or injured during confiscation. It is like insult on top of injury. First they embarrass you then they take your property. Maybe they call it good law enforcement. I call it an abuse of rights. Are they taking someone in custody without cause for an arrest? or are they holding a person to prevent something from happening as a precaution? In that case they are acting (IMO) without cause or evidence to support the action? I just do not like it even if it does prevent harm since they have no evidence that harm will be done. too much power in the hands of too few.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I heard one of the local sheriffs on the radio a while back and he said they'd likely execute the search warrants after the subject left for work to avoid conflict.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
These leftist will try to flood this country with these laws and as they do that they will develop different strategies for how to do this. They want to do it peacefully so as to not bring attention to what is going on...this kind goes along with their way of hiding or disguising how nefarious they really are.They are political thugs that want to subjugate the American people.

·
Premium Member
33,792 Posts
I see that 'red flag' confiscations are being carried out with the 'Randy Weaver' tactic. They first take the person into custody away from the home while they are out in public. Then, when they feel the home is safe, they serve the warrant and collect the firearms. The 'cold dead hands' vision is taken out of play. Comments?
That is how gun confiscations in general will be carried out, IMO. They want the guns, not fights.

·
Premium Member
33,792 Posts
Illegal search and seizure.
If you are taking me in to custody, you better be arresting me for something.
Sue,sue,sue. They all need to be taken to court.
All the way up to the supreme court.
While I'm financially comfortable, I don't have the resources to take a case all the way to the Supreme Court. You?

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Where have you seen it happen this way? Not challenging you, just curious.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
While I'm financially comfortable, I don't have the resources to take a case all the way to the Supreme Court. You?
Who?
Well lets start with a few organizations out there who have deep pockets and can fund a run at the supreme court.
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
NRA
National Association for Gun Rights
Just to name a few. Give them your support and money.
Do you think that baker in Colorado was able to take his case all the way to the supreme Court?
No, legal organizations fund these fights.
That is why it is important to keep them strong and well funded. We are stronger together than we are alone.
Hope I answered your question.

·
Premium Member
33,792 Posts
Who?
Well lets start with a few organizations out there who have deep pockets and can fund a run at the supreme court.
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
NRA
National Association for Gun Rights
Just to name a few. Give them your support and money.
Do you think that baker in Colorado was able to take his case all the way to the supreme Court?
No, legal organizations fund these fights.
That is why it is important to keep them strong and well funded. We are stronger together than we are alone.
Hope I answered your question.
Go ahead and be the test case.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Go ahead and be the test case.
If I do get caught up in this Red Flag crap, I would rather be the test case than the guy who just handed over my guns and my rights and said, well OK I guess that is that!
From your reply it sound like you would not fight these unconstitutional laws legally in court, you would just accept the outcome?
I find it hard to believe.

·
Premium Member
33,792 Posts
If I do get caught up in this Red Flag crap, I would rather be the test case than the guy who just handed over my guns and my rights and said, well OK I guess that is that!
From your reply it sound like you would not fight these unconstitutional laws legally in court, you would just accept the outcome?
I find it hard to believe.
Better to simply stay below the radar, IMO.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
In my case the law enforcement outfit and controlling municipality had better have a really good reason, or a lot of liability insurance.

If you've a good case, there are plenty of outfits who will help you out, as noted above.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts