Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this shortly after I started carrying, and saw it again the other day in The Walking Dead (best show on TV). Rick, a former sheriffs deputy in a small town in Georgia goes back to his hometown once the ZA hits to get more guns from the Dept's armory. Finding it picked clean, he says some if the bar and shop owners along the main drag have guns behind the counter. Most people don't know, but he did since he signed the registration permits. In GA.

It occurs to me that the prevalence of these casual mentions of gun registration as routine, normal, and legal in pop culture tends to lull the sheep into thinking registration already exists. I know that before I started thinking about it, it didn't seem farfetched.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Good point.. If a bit obscure..

I mean, well meaning but horribly misguided educators are indoctrinating our children in schools with their zero tolerance policies regarding guns, picture guns, pastry guns, cloud guns, finger guns, and little green plastic WWII figures with guns.

Is hollywierd in on the conspiracy? Frankly, I don't think they're intelligent enough to know what a conspiracy is.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Seems like common sense that bar owners would have a shotgun stashed somewhere. Why anyone would require knowledge of registered firearms to come to that conclusion is beyond me...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good call. But I believe this is nothing more than a writer attempting to 'explain' how one of his characters could know this and still make it plausible in the script. The creator of the WD comic book series is from a small town here in KY not far from me. And I'm a big fan of the show.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I saw that last week too. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are in between seasons, but they're still on tv, and they're better. Breaking Bad is possibly the best show ever.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
I believe most sheep think there already is, there are tons of shows and movies that say that.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Noticed this shortly after I started carrying, and saw it again the other day in The Walking Dead (best show on TV). Rick, a former sheriffs deputy in a small town in Georgia goes back to his hometown once the ZA hits to get more guns from the Dept's armory. Finding it picked clean, he says some if the bar and shop owners along the main drag have guns behind the counter. Most people don't know, but he did since he signed the registration permits. In GA.

It occurs to me that the prevalence of these casual mentions of gun registration as routine, normal, and legal in pop culture tends to lull the sheep into thinking registration already exists. I know that before I started thinking about it, it didn't seem farfetched.
I had pretty much the same thought when I heard him say that in that episode.

It is not the first time I've heard something like that on a TV show or a movie.

Part of me thinks it is due to uninformed writers (my personal favorite happened on a soap my wife watches...it was a hostel takeover of an individuals privately owned company).

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
What else can you expect, in every CSI type show, the gun owner is identified within 20 min (or 2 commercial breaks), so obviously there are records showing the owner of every gun in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
What else can you expect, in every CSI type show, the gun owner is identified within 20 min (or 2 commercial breaks), so obviously there are records showing the owner of every gun in the U.S.
You hear that all the time on TV, "the gun was registered to ________."

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Good point.. If a bit obscure..

I mean, well meaning but horribly misguided educators are indoctrinating our children in schools with their zero tolerance policies regarding guns, picture guns, pastry guns, cloud guns, finger guns, and little green plastic WWII figures with guns.

Is hollywierd in on the conspiracy? Frankly, I don't think they're intelligent enough to know what a conspiracy is.
I do think so and sure as hell think they're intelligent enough to know what a conspiracy is. Hollywood = $$$$ = power. They've been cramming BS and other peoples agendas down our throats for how long now?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly my point. Numb the sheep,to the idea that every govt agency has ready access to info on all the guns legally owned.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I took it as filler for a plot hole. It's a common writing technique.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts