Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never reloaded or even checked into it. I hadn't shot that much before and then right when I decide to join idpa and really try to become proficient, all hell breaks loose and ammo is a myth.

Is reloading material at least more available than manufactured? I have no dream of ammo raining around me if I reload but I'm hoping to have at least SOME.

I will want to reload 9mm and .357mag.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
At the moment, almost all reloading consumables are as rare as manufactured ammunition. Bullets and primers are pretty hard to come by and powder isn't all that plentiful either.

Best advice, get into reloading because it will make you more self sufficient, but go into it understanding that for a while it's going to be hard to get the consumables.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
At the moment, almost all reloading consumables are as rare as manufactured ammunition. Bullets and primers are pretty hard to come by and powder isn't all that plentiful either. ...
This may be the understatement of all time. Bullets are nearly impossible to find. Primers, when they can be found are three times regular price, and powder is unavailable from any of my regular suppliers. About the only reloading component one can readily get right now is new brass.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The stuff is hard to find, but it can be found. At the local Cabelas I found small pistol primers and .40 bullets. They had a large selection of rifle powders, but very little pistol powder. Presses, scales, etc. were available also. That being said, Cabelas is the only place I've seen this kind of availability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts