Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got done loading some Barnes x bullets, all copper for deer season in my 30-06. Really neat bullets, they exand out in a 4 petal mushroom that is razor sharp. I tested a few on 1 gal. water jugs (full of water)and they torn em nealy in half. I am expecting good results on a deer (if 1 comes by). The manufacturer claims 100% weight retention after impact. Wonder if they are gonna start making defensive caliber bullets too?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Bud, you forgot about Cor Bon DPX.

X bullets in .223, .308, 38, 9MM, 40, 45 ACP (160 and 185gr), With pre proudction stuff in several other calibers.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Don't forget too the XTP's for potent calibers in handgun - tho best kept for hunting use. I haven't used Barnes as yet - mostly 165 Noslers for .308 rifle.

I think honestly I still rate as a great expander for handguns the Speer Gold Dot - it peels back very well and symetrically with almost total weight retention.

Oh sorry Rocky - this is about aught six - oops .............. oh and defensives as well - that's OK then. :smile:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
KC135 said:
Bud, you forgot about Cor Bon DPX.

X bullets in .223, .308, 38, 9MM, 40, 45 ACP (160 and 185gr), With pre proudction stuff in several other calibers.
Your right i wasnt even thinking about it :hand4: And i was excited about it becuse it was barnes bullets duh

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem here P95carry. The more folks post replies, the more I can learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts